Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

I'm kind of mystified why they're putting up test panels at this late stage. The building is on the 7th floor.

lclad.jpg

like the one on the right.....the one on the left, not so much.....

The one on the left is hideous. It reminds me of that new condo by the Charles Sauriol Conservation Area, just north of Eglinton. I can't think of the name at the moment.

According to the guy on site this is cladding for L. I thought it might be for Backstage, which is why I asked.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed, much like they were with Trump, I don't mind Trump's cladding, but by the early looks of this one, it doesn't look all that great.

Of course i could be wrong, as we haven't seen this in action yet,

But this definitely does not look anything like it does in the renders!

Well, if you look closely, they might actually be testing different types of windows in each of the supports. As Ed says the building will be curtainwall, the supports they are in might not be indicative of the actual cladding of the building.

Cause if they are, the building will be kind of repulsive.

i figured by the renders that this buildings was supose to look more elegant. Not chunky and bulky the blue will make this thing look cheap with flat colored blue

I think the blue would be a nice change of pace from all the blue and green that we're use to. We'll find out soon enough, as the cladding will likely be installed shortly.

I don't understand why a developer would have renderings done that bare absolutely no resemblance in colour to the actual building, just plain weird. I'm mean of course the colour will not be exactly as rendered but that colour blue is not even in the same ballpark.

People... calm down. This is only a partial mock-up of one layer of the curtainwall. At best, you are looking at the backside of those panels. That is the part that goes inside the building and covered with interior finishing. That cannot be the outward facing side, the glass is not flush with the mullions and there are too many indentations and irregularities. No curtainwall exterior would be that uneven on the outside.

No, the one on the right is definitely an exterior view. You can see the anchors on top of the steel, and they're facing out to the street. Besides, spandrels aren't visible from the interior. From the inside you'd see the backpans

Edit: And curtainwall doesn't need to have a smooth exterior. Especially not if its pad + cap. Though this looks like its meant to be interior glazed, which kind of makes sense given the project

Last edited:
Surely they're just testing out the colour of the glass. Or at least I hope so, otherwise it going to end up looking like that ugly blue building along the DVP near Eglinton.

Back