Toronto Infinity Condos | ?m | 35s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

Rainbow: Check
Sunset: Check
Infinity: still looks like crap
XF6P4.jpg

These photos show what is presumably the above-ground PATH connection that was promised through Infinity 3 & 4, as well as ICE:

IMG-20120715-00196.jpg

IMG-20120715-00198.jpg

And one showing cladding going up:

IMG-20120715-00197.jpg

As one of the few fans of Infinity on UT, I'm pleased with how things are progressing. I'm assuming there is no green-roof requirement for this project?

As one of the few fans of Infinity on UT, I'm pleased with how things are progressing. I'm assuming there is no green-roof requirement for this project?

I assume building permit application for Infinity 3+4 was submitted after January 2010 ... thus a green roof would be required ??

The Green Roof Bylaw applies to new building permit applications for residential, commercial and institutional development made after January 31, 2010 and will apply to new industrial development as of April 30, 2012.

Gross Floor Area (Size of Building) --> Coverage of Available Roof Space (Size of Green Roof)
2,000 - 4,999 m2 --> 20%
5,000-9,999 m2 --> 30%
10,000-14,999 m2 --> 40%
15,000-19,999 m2 --> 50%
20,000 m2 or greater --> 60%

source: http://www.toronto.ca/greenroofs/overview.htm

I assume building permit application for Infinity 3+4 was submitted after January 2010 ... thus a green roof would be required ??

The Green Roof Bylaw applies to new building permit applications for residential, commercial and institutional development made after January 31, 2010 and will apply to new industrial development as of April 30, 2012.

While you'd think it may be required - I don't think I ever recall reading (or seeing) anything to that affect. I think it's a positive thing - so you'd think they'd advertise it as well.

I dont mind the uniquely contoured west facing sides of the taller towers but it just seems so silly that they are making an almost exact copy of the original phase. Surely they could have arranged them in a mirrored or some other interesting fashion so that there was some dynamic interplay created. As is typical with so much TO architecture there seems to have been little thought given to the overall impact of the project.

*walks through Financial District, suddenly stumbling upon two random Conservatory Group condo projects that are identical, one hidden back on Grand Trunk Crescent and the other front row and centre across from and beside bank towers. Looks around, slightly confused, then continues walking*.

I have to give credit to the ground level of Infinity I, however, for the fact that it's the most activated stretch of Bremner by far. It's a nice walk past that building. It would be better if the materials were nicer, etc., but the mix of restaurants/retail there is good!

I have to give credit to the ground level of Infinity I, however, for the fact that it's the most activated stretch of Bremner by far. It's a nice walk past that building. It would be better if the materials were nicer, etc., but the mix of restaurants/retail there is good!

Although I don't like the materials or the architecture, I will agree with you that the retail in Infinity's ground floor is a redeeming feature. On my various photo walks over the summer, that Hasty Market was the oasis in the desert that gave me the energy i needed to continue westward. Now that I think about it, if it wasn't for the retail in Infinity, I probably would never have posted a single photo of anything west of Ice. Thank you SP!RE, for lessening my hatred of Infinity.

Last edited:

Back