Toronto Infinity Condos | ?m | 35s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

Jan 27
6778080835_cfe2f38662_b.jpg

6778078125_cd18c5d995_b.jpg

6778077037_dd9090b723_b.jpg

6778117731_99593e5dc9_b.jpg

Nope, it has always been copy-paste. I'm chagrinned too.

I feel like placing the midrise between Ice and this project would have made sense, with the tower looking over the Roundhouse Park. Ah well.

That is what's happening, isn't it? That rendering looks like it's a view from the north looking south (i.e.; from the corner of Grand Trunk and Bremner)

Edit: Never mind. Answered my own question with these photos from the Ice thread. It boggles my mind that the DRP didn't have a chance to rake this over the coals. It's going to be very prominent for anyone driving in from the west on the Gardiner. Hopefully the York/Lake Shore cluster is attention-grabbing enough that no one notices it.
from today
20120220045.jpg

20120220039.jpg

Last edited:
I love how this tower is going to be built in open green space. It will be nice having all of those trees and open space to look out onto. Great location and great views, right in the heart of Mississauga.

I still cant believe this was built smack downtown, and that the city not only let them build one version of this, but is now allowing them to go forward with the second. Their marketing department seems to think this thing is located in the burb's too. The only redeeming feature is the ground floor. The first tower has quite a bit of retail fronting Bremner.

It's just so weird having a tower of this quality (or lack thereof) practically right in our Financial District. Once the ICE office tower goes up, this condo will become especially jarring.

It's just so weird having a tower of this quality (or lack thereof) practically right in our Financial District. Once the ICE office tower goes up, this condo will become especially jarring.

I think the opposite is true; once the Ice complex is built, Infinity will fade into the background. It will become filler that no one will really notice. That being said, it's still a tragic development.

March 20, 2012

And now, in one of the least anticipated architectural events of the year, I reveal....Infinity's precast cladding!

*crickets*

March202012594.jpg

March202012615.jpg

Well, actually, this unfinished wall is sort of interesting.
March202012616.jpg

Much of a muchness.
March202012618.jpg

Ahahaha! It's always so exciting to see the first cladding go up on a tower. ;) Well, usually!

Thanks for the great update though :)

Back