Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The Verona System is a temporary modular bridge within a railway corridor. It provides the necessary structural support for freight and passenger trains travelling at up to 80 km/h and allows for excavation and box jacking to take place underneath with minimal disruption to train service overhead.
If this comms speak is true then why was there a slow order?

EDIT: just read Dan's comment and I guess it could be that there's still active construction, but still why tout this benefit that they clearly never took advantage of?

If this comms speak is true then why was there a slow order?

EDIT: just read Dan's comment and I guess it could be that there's still active construction, but still why tout this benefit that they clearly never took advantage of?
For one, 80km/h - 50mph - is considerably slower than the 90+mph speed limit through that area (save for track 1).

There's also the fact that just because they claim it is good for that speed doesn't necessarily mean that it is in this case and application. They may be able to run those kinds of speeds with lighter weight equipment because there's less deflection and sideways forces, or in places where they are bridging a much smaller gap, but with full-sized railways and the size of the box that was slid in - not to mention that the system had to support three tracks - it may be felt that the system isn't stiff enough to allow for the manufacturer's maximum rated speed.

Dan

Reactions: max
Some HuLRT track work starting imminently in Port Credit.
https://www.metrolinx.com/en/news/hazel-mccallion-lrt-guideway-installation-coming-to-port-credit

Hazel McCallion LRT guideway installation coming to Port Credit

1699290861775.png

This is very important so tasteless people who live in MCC highrises can get to all day GO Train service and to be able to appreciate a much better zoned and tasteful area which has respect for the pedestrian environment without massive shoe box condos causing shadows. This is the area which should have been downtown. No NIMBYs in site. Just progressives with a waterfront view.

Last edited:
Nov 6
Looks like that the southbound curb lane will be fully pave between Fairview and Burnhamthorpe as they were working on an small section of the intersection at Central Parkway. Some manholes in the road are been worked on.

Paving taking place at a number of locations as well preparing southbound lanes to have curb pour along with the road to get ahead of the winter weather and to have 2 lanes open over the winter months.

The guideway base at Englewood has been pour.

Nov 5
Had a looked at the 401 area with tracks being installed in the guideway north of World Dr. From World Dr to the 401 off ramp has rail laying in the guideway with tracks in place with north being form and south been pour halfway point to the 401. A small section of the northbound track is pour in place midway Grading taking place from the 401 ramp to the overpass. Various sections of the overpass seeing concrete repairs taking place.

Small section of the guideway still needs to see the base pour from the 401 east off ramp to Britannia as well the curb. A second base about 4 inches has been pour for the northbound lane and no idea why or if the southbound will see the same thing. Near Britannia, the 4 curbs in the guideway has been pour for them.

The Britannia stop platform real close to the intersection compared to the ones already built. Waiting forming and having concrete pour for it.

Nov 1
The OMSF is about the same as I last saw it a few months ago. Poles have the bracket on them, but no OS. Sound barrier up along the northside, but stop short near Kennedy where the fence will jog about 50' to the north in drainage ditch. Crew was core drilling and pouring the footing for the fence post that will be anchor to the post footing at a later date.

Nothing on the 407 area other that it 100% pour for the guideway with track in place.

Topflight has seen foundation installed for the OS support along the southside with the road being prepared for the curb.

I counted no less than 40 workers on Topflight intersection and the most I have seen at any location. I may miss a few as a number where coming and going from the intersection. Would say 25% were working on the track work for the in/out bound track to the south. The other 75% were building forms for the inbound track as well a small section out bound that cross the northbound traffic lanes. Off hand, the inbound track could see the base by the end of the week. Work will move to the outbound next that will be follow by the tracks for the north end.

The southbound/ and the northbound track across the intersection will happen after the north tracks are done. The switches for both through track laying in the guideway to be built in December. Lots of splicing for both the northbound and southbound tracks

Once all the track base is in place, the road base will be pour follow by the top coat.

If they plan to shift the northbound lanes to the new area, there is no roadwork in place for the north end to the 407 overpass unless they plan on having having only one lane going north until next year when work can take place on the new road. This will allow the intersection to be open about year end and digging the guideway from the intersection to the section to the south.

Photos for Nov 5 will follow some time this week as too much on my plate at this time with a lot of photos for Nov 1 up on my site. Will break Nov 1 shots down into 2 posting
53314282273_f13552fc01_b.jpg

53314036931_04ab79db29_b.jpg

53314036716_32f1f8c7a9_b.jpg

53314036156_8494c8ee00_b.jpg

53314510660_e6e4d9fe10_b.jpg

53313171872_93b7091020_b.jpg

53314280363_0dac0cfbbd_b.jpg

53314035246_2ba48c88ef_b.jpg

The First LRV for the line is built and being tested in Kingston until the OMSF inside is ready for it which is supposed to be in December.

I understand City Staff and the councilors along the route are getting lip service and very frustrated with ML team by not getting answers to their questions..

Plans for PC station and trackwork to north side of the stoplights were given to the contractor about a month ago or less and why the Englewood guideway surface yesterday. From what I was told it will go north as far as a medical place and then move to the centre. Traffic lights will be used at that location to allow the in/out bound LRV's crossing the southbound lanes. Different to what was proposed years ago.

The EA for the Loop is about 18 months away or sooner, depending how far west it will go. The splitting of the line is back on the table when it gets done.

By the end of the week, the curb lanes for the southbound lane between Burnhamthorpe and Sq One Dr will be done as it currently haft way to Robert Speck. Paving will follow after this. The northbound lane will see the curb pour next follow by paving.

Reactions: jys
The First LRV for the line is built and being tested in Kingston until the OMSF inside is ready for it which is supposed to be in December.

I understand City Staff and the councilors along the route are getting lip service and very frustrated with ML team by not getting answers to their questions..

Plans for PC station and trackwork to north side of the stoplights were given to the contractor about a month ago or less and why the Englewood guideway surface yesterday. From what I was told it will go north as far as a medical place and then move to the centre. Traffic lights will be used at that location to allow the in/out bound LRV's crossing the southbound lanes. Different to what was proposed years ago.

The EA for the Loop is about 18 months away or sooner, depending how far west it will go. The splitting of the line is back on the table when it gets done.

By the end of the week, the curb lanes for the southbound lane between Burnhamthorpe and Sq One Dr will be done as it currently haft way to Robert Speck. Paving will follow after this. The northbound lane will see the curb pour next follow by paving.
So the ea will be done just as this is opening.

From what I was told it will go north as far as a medical place and then move to the centre. Traffic lights will be used at that location to allow the in/out bound LRV's crossing the southbound lanes. Different to what was proposed years ago.
What is medical place?

What is medical place?
Good question as I don't know of one until I have a look tomorrow and only going by what I was told by City staff today.

Nov 8
Had a looked at Englewood intersection today and ran into someone I have known over 20 years that worked on the LRT project for the city from day one who fill me on a few things. Since he retired from the city at a young age last year, he doesn't have the daily info that he used to get.

I had a looked at the area for this medical place and only found 2 dental places with one close as well a vacant house starting at 1272-1276 before running into the person I knew. These are north of Cousins and haft way between Englewood and Minneola. the person i knew said the tracks from what he recall would just go north of Cousin parking lot which would make it the first dental place.

The northbound track is in place with work taking place for placing the mat across the new Englewood bridge for the southbound and could be pour in place by the end of next week or the following week subject to weather, No foundation for traffic lights on the east side of the intersection and they have to be in place before the intersection cab replace the existing one as well using the new bridge.

The person I knew said he had no idea how the people for the 7 houses south of Minneola will be able to go north as far as he knew there would be no U-turn allow at Englewood and Park St

The push is on to get 2 lanes open for the winter months with a few areas still single lane
133A1942.JPG

133A1946.JPG

Last edited:
The person I knew said he had no idea how the people for the 7 houses south of Minneola will be able to go north as far as he knew there would be no U-turn allow at Englewood and Park St
Instead of doing a U-Turn at Inglewood, I'd assume that they'd turn right on Inglewood, north on Woodland, and east on Mineola. Probably faster than waiting for a break in traffic to go north even now.

Someone I know used to live in a similar place on the west-side of Hurontario just north of the QEW, and sometimes in rush hour we used to do something similar to go north. Actually it was further, as we'd go all the west to Stavebank.

Last edited:
Instead of doing a U-Turn at Inglewood, I'd assume that they'd turn right on Inglewood, north on Woodland, and east on Mineola. Probably faster than waiting for a break in traffic to go north even now.

Someone I know used to live in a similar place on the west-side of Hurontario just north of the QEW, and sometimes in rush hour we used to do something similar to go north. Actually it was further, as we'd go all the west to Slavebank.
Stavebank, not Slavebank.

Back