Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Google Maps deliberately writes its software in such a way that monetizeable information is given priority over such unimportant concerns as knowing the name of a street. If a street name gets in the way of displaying the location of fast food restaurants, the street name is out the window. It's often nearly impossible to get the name of commercial arterials to appear in Google. Almost every other map program is better in this respect, because they are functionally about maps.

My pet peeve is that Google Maps prioritizes the regional road numbers instead of the actual street names. One reason I look forward to the dissolution of Peel Region, shouldn't have those useless Region of Peel road numbers which no one knows anyway. I've lived near Britannia for decades and still have no idea what regional road number it is.

Nov 5
A lot more up on my site

Looking south at Vision Dr
53324222920_8def8a6a8c_b.jpg

53323996353_e9cbae4afc_b.jpg

Looking North At the 401 Overpass
53322893322_4c876754fa_b.jpg

The 401 overpass
53324112534_e590c5b208_b.jpg

Looking South at the 401 off Ramp
53323996038_0924db594a_b.jpg

Looking north at Britannia
53323995558_83fc20f822_b.jpg

Britannia Platform
53324223060_2c3d03148a_b.jpg

Nov 19
Substantial Completion Will not happen by the end of 2024 as per contract and more like Q2 2025, if then.

No one working on the line today like other Sunday. Have photos, but part of 600 backlog and be up sometime this week

Port Credit
Only the northbound track at Englewood is ready for forming and concrete pouring. Southbound still needs put together and find that odd considering what I saw over a week ago.
Orange wrap top of the push box indicate a retaining wall has been pour for the tracks since the slope area has been removed.
Walls for the station north end are form for part of.it. The station platform is ready to be formed and be pour that will hold 2 cars compare to the other station that are being built for one car.

Burnhamthorpe
The 2 southbound curb lanes are open from Burnhamthorpe to the south of Fairview where it become one lanes, This will allow the 2 northbound lanes to be shift to the west to allow the curb lanes to be close off to allow utilize to be place,
Sub station work has started on the south end of the ESSO station.

Curbs for the southbound lanes has been Pour from Sq One Dr to the off ramp with stacks for pouring the curb in place from the ramps to the overpass.
Looks like footing work for a pier south on ramp to the 403 and need a better close look to be sure, Lots of material for the pier on the northside of the 403 stock pile.

Eglinton
Work has started on the south section of Eglinton crossing with some digging of the guideway.
Eglinton Station still not form to have concrete pour for it.

Matteson
Tracks are finally ready to have concrete pour them with the north end already pour. them.
That large blank area north of Traders will see crossover there as the ties used at Topflight are now stock pile there. I expected this was an crossover area

Still a lot of work to get the base of the guideway built. Track laying in the guideway that is ready to have track built for it.
Sub station built on the east side of the Petro station

Derry
Derry station has framing in place to support the station roof. Must going to install station framing going south from Derry
Tracks have seen concrete pour for some of it

Topflight
The large area south of Topflight in the guideway will see crossover as tie like the ones used at Topflight are stack plie there as well parts of the crossover laying in the guideway. There is a stock pile of rail in the guideway that will have to be splice together.
No one working on Topflight.
Northbound traffic can now gain access to Topflight as the rest of the curb for it has been pour as well pave..
The inbound track has been pour and this allowed the access to Topflight to be open, Lots of splicing needed before final elevation of the trackwork to be form for the northbound lanes. Curbs for access from Topflight to go north still has to be pour before traffic could use the new area once the track area is pour. It will be sometime in 2024 before southbound can gain access to Topflight since the nothing has been done for the southbound track. Lots of rebar laying on top of it as well in other areas

OMSF
Poles are up for the tracks to/from Hurontario haft way with the rest being up this week most likely
133A2625.JPG

133A2627.JPG

Last edited:
Google Maps deliberately writes its software in such a way that monetizeable information is given priority over such unimportant concerns as knowing the name of a street. If a street name gets in the way of displaying the location of fast food restaurants, the street name is out the window. It's often nearly impossible to get the name of commercial arterials to appear in Google. Almost every other map program is better in this respect, because they are functionally about maps.
yes i always found that annoying, what's the consensus about the best alternative to google maps on Android?

Nov 24
Hurontario has been a beehive of actively for over the past week that I am seeing more manpower from Dundas to north of the 401. Paving taking place between Robert Speck and Burnhamthorpe for the southbound lane and expect it been done already from Sq One Dr based on the direction of paving as I was driving north. Most of the northbound curbs have been pour from Burnhamthorpe to Sq One with a few seeing asphalt or to be form. Paving to take place next week.

More excavating taking south of Eglinton with the station platform now form.

The roof of Derry Road Station was installed today as well the power boxes. The roof was shipped in 3 section on a flat truck from Quebec as that is where all the station framing will be built there. Flashing and glazing to be done next week.

No more poles have been installed since my last visit.

Every time I looked at Brampton section, see nothing being done and today was no exception other that a small crew at Ray Lawson. It could be delay with all the roadwork taking place north of Steeles.

More sections of crossover, switches and special trackwork has been added to the crossover area north of Kingsway.

Sump pump doing a major pour for the northbound track off Topflight. Next to be done are the southbound in/out track that will be follow by the missing sections between the tracks to form the northbound lanes. Still have to build the westbound road to the intersection as well the curb for it and part of the northbound curb. Light was against me to see if anything has been done for the southbound track to help to get the intersection open.

Temporary crosswalk lights have been reinstalled for the south crosswalk

Rest will follow when I do my Nov 19 shots
133A2742.JPG
133A2741.JPG

Illegal in Ontario are "left turn RED arrows". Ontario just uses "sign clutter" to add to the landscape. (What if you don't read English?)

I might understand that. In a think fast situation it might be better to say stop than to say "you can't go this way" because a rapid correction could be to erroneously go the other way. I think I would probably opt for a solid red on top when all ways are red, and a red left arrow when only the left direction is being restricted. Flashing yellow seems redundant... that is the no arrows and regular green default. Why have a flashing yellow if you have the other arrow colours... that is like giving up... unless that is only used when the stoplight is on reserve power and it is doing the flashing red one way and flashing yellow the other way behaviour.

I might understand that. In a think fast situation it might be better to say stop than to say "you can't go this way" because a rapid correction could be to erroneously go the other way. I think I would probably opt for a solid red on top when all ways are red, and a red left arrow when only the left direction is being restricted. Flashing yellow seems redundant... that is the no arrows and regular green default. Why have a flashing yellow if you have the other arrow colours... that is like giving up... unless that is only used when the stoplight is on reserve power and it is doing the flashing red one way and flashing yellow the other way behaviour.
Another consideration is the relative prevalence of red-green colour blindness. The position of the signal in traffic lights does provide information, but it is reduced in dark. I'm not saying this is the reason why only green and yellow arrows are allowed in Ontario.

Does anyone know how Hurontario Street looks through the Dundas Street area these days? Is Hurontario reduced to 1 lane per direction or 2? Any turn restrictions?

Latest update I could find is Google Streetview from August 2023.

Does anyone know how Hurontario Street looks through the Dundas Street area these days? Is Hurontario reduced to 1 lane per direction or 2? Any turn restrictions?

Latest update I could find is Google Streetview from August 2023.
No restrictions, at least two lanes open.

Back