Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Yesterday
1701102537482.png

Does anyone know how Hurontario Street looks through the Dundas Street area these days? Is Hurontario reduced to 1 lane per direction or 2? Any turn restrictions?

Latest update I could find is Google Streetview from August 2023.
At this time, 2 lanes in all direction until next year where it will be a single lane in all direction again to build the guideway across Dundas in about 6 weeks while building haft at a time.

A major push to get as much civil work done before the Dec shut down if they do what the did last year to have all lanes open for the winter months. No turning restriction at this time nor next year until the guideway work starts.

With the current Dundas BRT plan, I can see some turning restrictions happening.

No restrictions, at least two lanes open.

Yesterday

At this time, 2 lanes in all direction until next year where it will be a single lane in all direction again to build the guideway across Dundas in about 6 weeks while building haft at a time.

A major push to get as much civil work done before the Dec shut down if they do what the did last year to have all lanes open for the winter months. No turning restriction at this time nor next year until the guideway work starts.

With the current Dundas BRT plan, I can see some turning restrictions happening.

You guys are amazing, thanks so much.

With the BRT going in I understand that Dundas is going down to one lane per direction, with only right turns from Hurontario onto Dundas permitted.

Another consideration is the relative prevalence of red-green colour blindness. The position of the signal in traffic lights does provide information, but it is reduced in dark. I'm not saying this is the reason why only green and yellow arrows are allowed in Ontario.
Yes, I'm surprised we haven't migrated to the red square, yellow diamond, and green circle lights to improve this.

You guys are amazing, thanks so much.

With the BRT going in I understand that Dundas is going down to one lane per direction, with only right turns from Hurontario onto Dundas permitted.
That right turn will backup traffic badly with the amount of pedestrian crossing the intersection. City is hoping traffic will use King or Hillcrest to bypass this intersection that will see backup traffic as well.

That right turn will backup traffic badly with the amount of pedestrian crossing the intersection. City is hoping traffic will use King or Hillcrest to bypass this intersection that will see backup traffic as well.
This is like me hoping my kids clean their room, don’t fight with each other, use nice words, and get ready in time. I mean it’s a nice dream but it is not going to be reality. And I would think city building would be built with more realistic expectations than hopes and dreams.

@drum118 what has happened to hurontario near square one. There’s a Niagara Falls situation over there.
No idea as I am not over there that much in the first place. No work taking place on Rathburn or Hurontario that requires water work.

Nov 30
I have a laughing session when I heard the latest update for the test bed for testing the new fleet. The plan test bed was Topflight to Matheson and it is now Eglinton. The great laugh for it, it is to be ready by Feb 2024 😍😍 As today visit, no OS up in the yard nor on the poles from the yard to Topflight.. Still no more poles from where the poles end or even to Hurontario. Then there are no poles up to Matheson let alone Eglinton.

Sump pump pouring the road base under the trackwork that still needs to be splicing let alone level or form for concrete to be pour the northbound lanes for Topflight intersection. The southbound track that will cross the intersection still in many pieces and it and the intersection will not be ready to open this year. A scissor lift is being used to place the ties for the crossover, but until Topflight is open, can't built the guideway from it to the crossover.

So much trackwork to be down as well the crossover at Trader, its a laughable 🤩🤩to think trackwork will be ready for Feb, let alone the OS. Not my field, but what I know, it will take a least minimum of 4 months to get poles up as well the OS that we are looking End of March at the earliest, depending on the weather to see it in place as well an LRV testing it.

What was to happen for Derry Station this week is behind schedule with material on site and only 3/4 of the roof installed for the northbound track.

What I am also hearing, lack of permits by the city is not helping, but the big issues is the engineering drawings are arriving late and only at 80% to allow work to take place to the point, it ends up been wrong when the final drawings show up that things have to be torn out. IBI Group now Arcadis not being up to par.

The southbound lanes from Sq One Dr to Burnhamthorpe maybe open by the weekend or early next week. The northbound lanes should be open next week.

Photos to follow

No idea as I am not over there that much in the first place. No work taking place on Rathburn or Hurontario that requires water work.

Nov 30
I have a laughing session when I heard the latest update for the test bed for testing the new fleet. The plan test bed was Topflight to Matheson and it is now Eglinton. The great laugh for it, it is to be ready by Feb 2024 😍😍 As today visit, no OS up in the yard nor on the poles from the yard to Topflight.. Still no more poles from where the poles end or even to Hurontario. Then there are no poles up to Matheson let alone Eglinton.

Sump pump pouring the road base under the trackwork that still needs to be splicing let alone level or form for concrete to be pour the northbound lanes for Topflight intersection. The southbound track that will cross the intersection still in many pieces and it and the intersection will not be ready to open this year. A scissor lift is being used to place the ties for the crossover, but until Topflight is open, can't built the guideway from it to the crossover.

So much trackwork to be down as well the crossover at Trader, its a laughable 🤩🤩to think trackwork will be ready for Feb, let alone the OS. Not my field, but what I know, it will take a least minimum of 4 months to get poles up as well the OS that we are looking End of March at the earliest, depending on the weather to see it in place as well an LRV testing it.

What was to happen for Derry Station this week is behind schedule with material on site and only 3/4 of the roof installed for the northbound track.

What I am also hearing, lack of permits by the city is not helping, but the big issues is the engineering drawings are arriving late and only at 80% to allow work to take place to the point, it ends up been wrong when the final drawings show up that things have to be torn out. IBI Group now Arcadis not being up to par.

The southbound lanes from Sq One Dr to Burnhamthorpe maybe open by the weekend or early next week. The northbound lanes should be open next week.

Photos to follow
There was at least a foot of water on the west side of hurontario all the way from burnamthorpe to the 403 bridge. It was just gushing out and all the cars had to merge to the furthest lanes not to float away.

Starting January 8, 2024, The Queensway will be reduced to one lane for east-west traffic for the building of the tracks across the intersection in 2 phases starting with the north side.

Sometime in February,, 2 phase construction will start for tracks work for the intersections starting with Sq One Dr, Robert Speck, Absolut and Burnhamthorpe with no firm date other than 4-6 weeks per intersection. Unless doing all 4 at the same time, looking at about March-June for completion. Guideway work will start going south of Sq One Dr starting in February

No info on the 403 bridge.

Does anyone have a link to the design plates (showing detailed design by segment and station placement)? I saw them once a few years ago and I was unable to dig them up again with google search.

Looking at the tarp over the tracks at the New Englewood bridge yesterday, still have to pour concrete on the north side with the rest exposed. What have they being doing since you too this photo and now???

The other thing came to mind, are they planning on rebuilding the Mary Fix Creek box under Hurontario before building the tracks over it as well rebuilt the road??

They can't built the rest of the creek until the current bridge is close and remove. That can't happen until the new traffic lights are installed at the new bridge that has no footing in place at this time.

Major shoring taking place on the west side of Hurontario St on the north side of the CP bridge.

Looks like they or about to pour the decking for the southbound lanes and the new ramp to go east on the 407. Once that is completed, they will move over to the northbound lanes to rebuild it and add the new ramp to go west. Once done, the centre can be rebuilt to support the guideway.

There is a bus load of workers now working on the tracks in the guideway, but would be hard press to meet an Feb date to have track in place 100% to Eglinton. No one working on the crossovers that still have to be built yesterday and crews were busy working on Topflight trackwork.

Very little has taken place on Derry Station other than the northbound roof is done.

Looks like they may have Eglinton intersection done before the 18th, but couldn't get a clear view of it yesterday, but tarp covering the area up.

Back