Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Correct
If a roundabout was on confederation, it would affect the LRT line to a point with the LRT running thought like I saw in Maze AZ and there are example being done in Europe.

April 28
Nothing has taken place at Englewood intersection when I saw it a few weeks ago. There are no sidewalks in place from the intersection to the GO station.

Concrete poured for the 2 curbs at the QEW.

Hurontario is back being a single lane south of the QEW with some work for widening the south bound lane.
Appreciate your constant updates regarding this. Do you have any clue what's going on north of the 407 towards Brampton by any chance?

Appreciate your constant updates regarding this. Do you have any clue what's going on north of the 407 towards Brampton by any chance?
I noted it in post #7118

April 29
Well, it didn't take long to fix the Friday confusion for transit riders on Elm as both routes have returned to the original detour route by Joan Dr.

Southbound lanes from King St are paved with asphalt curbs just in time for building the guideway across the Queensway staring May 2 to June 27. I guess the milling machine may show up tomorrow or Wednesday to start work on the guideway on either side of the intersection or they just excavated the intersection only.

If using the Queensway intersection, expect long delays crossing it.
I will have to recheck that area, but all kinds of work taking place and more so in the southbound lane north of Hwy 407. The standard wet and dry work is taking place and the last area that I need to do a walking tour of the corridor.

IMG_2370.jpeg

Thought I’d take a pic today. If you look closely, kinda looks like the things that they put rails on. This is Elm Drive of course. Sorry it’s not a great view or great pic.

View attachment 560270
EA documents are here https://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/TW/sqone-dr-ea/Appendix_A2_PIC2_Summary_Report_part_2.pdf

I am curious how this might change with the LRT loop running on Confederation Parkway
Wait a second. To get this extension we have to rip out a tennis court? On the Tennis front Bianca still does not have a street named after her. I’d happily donate Joan drive north of Elm towards Fairview public school to be renamed Bianca court. How long can it take to fulfil a street name promise.

Wait a second. To get this extension we have to rip out a tennis court? On the Tennis front Bianca still does not have a street named after her. I’d happily donate Joan drive north of Elm towards Fairview public school to be renamed Bianca court. How long can it take to fulfil a street name promise.

There's another 10 more things to name for Hazel first.

View attachment 560270
EA documents are here https://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/TW/sqone-dr-ea/Appendix_A2_PIC2_Summary_Report_part_2.pdf

I am curious how this might change with the LRT loop running on Confederation Parkway
Elora And Sq One Roundabouts would remain as plan. Sq One and Prince of Wales could be like the one I saw in Maze AZ in 2018 where crossing gates were used for Traffic and pedestrian or be removed. Rathburn would remain traffic lights

Nothing more should be use to honor Hazel as there are too many now. I refused to call the LRT Hazel line and tag my photos as Hurontario LRT line 10.

Last edited:
I just walked by that tennis court on Sunday.

It does seem surprising that the Square One Drive extension would go right through an Enersource facility and a tennis court. I assume they'd replace the tennis court somewhere nearby?

I just checked the list of street names in Mississauga (https://www6.mississauga.ca/onlinemaps/tranwork/design/pdf/stguide/street names.pdf) and there isn't a Bianca, but there is a Bianco Lane. Maybe they thought the Fire Department would confuse them if we had both.

I just walked by that tennis court on Sunday.

It does seem surprising that the Square One Drive extension would go right through an Enersource facility and a tennis court. I assume they'd replace the tennis court somewhere nearby?

I just checked the list of street names in Mississauga (https://www6.mississauga.ca/onlinemaps/tranwork/design/pdf/stguide/street names.pdf) and there isn't a Bianca, but there is a Bianco Lane. Maybe they thought the Fire Department would confuse them if we had both.
I’m pretty sure there’s no Andreescu Court. But I know Mississauga has a hard time giving anyone but Hazel her flowers. It makes Mississauga seem more small town than it actually is. And it should be corrected.

I’m pretty sure there’s no Andreescu Court. But I know Mississauga has a hard time giving anyone but Hazel her flowers. It makes Mississauga seem more small town than it actually is. And it should be corrected.
Fair point. They should definitely name a street for her. But I just hope it's not some random street in a crappy subdivision. Mississauga doesn't generally build new subdivisions anymore, due to lack of space, but Mississauga did acquire the land between Ninth Line and the 407 so I could see them naming a street up there after her. But I'd prefer a new street within the city centre.

Any 100% I'm so tired of everything being renamed after Hazel. I don't think any politician has this much named after her. She already had a public school named after her. Then Sheridan had to name their Mississauga campus after her, and then Doug Ford had to name the Hurontario line after her, and then Mississauga decided to rename its central library after her. It's only a matter of time before Mississauga renames itself Hazeltown or Hazelville or something.

May 1
I found the 6th substation by chance, but not where it was supposed to be. It is on the east side of the Shell station at Matheson and still been worked on.

The trackwork of Matheson station is formed and waiting concrete to be pour for it. What is odd about it that the form work is different heights for the trackwork which is the same level.

The crossover at Watline is ready to be form with missing switches as well connecting mainline track.

No idea why northbound traffic cannot turn left on May 20 as all other directions will be able to do so.

Kingsbridge intersection is ready to open.

Elm Dr intersection tracks are ready to be form.

Grading is well underway for the ramp from the elevated section to Sq One Dr.

Mississauga South​

Construction Progress:
  • Construction activities progressing for Hazel McCallion Project corridor wide.
  • Installation of underground Alectra duct banks from Mineola Road West to Indian Valley Trail, crews have also completed the installation of underground Alectra duct banks along the westside of Hurontario Street.
  • Stringing of cables through the newly installed duct bank and connecting adjacent properties to upgraded services planned for later this summer. Temporary electrical service disruptions expected, advance notice to property owners/managers will be provided
Acoustic Fence Installation:
  • Complete south of 20 Mineola Road East.
  • Staining of wood posts and panels planned in a few weeks.
  • Installation planned along west side of Hurontario Street, north of Inglewood Drive.
  • Temporary sidewalk detour in place.
Road Widening:
  • Ongoing along west side of Hurontario Street, from Inglewood Drive to Pinetree Way. Expected to last up to eight weeks.
  • Activities include asphalt and concrete removal, excavation, subdrain installation, curb preparation, concrete pour, and paving.
  • Permanent works include streetlight installation and new sidewalk construction.
Traffic Signal Installation:
  • Temporary traffic signals installed at new Eaglewood Boulevard bridge.
  • Anticipated opening of new signalized intersection replacing current bridge and intersection at Inglewood Drive next month.
  • Improved flow of east/west traffic and straight passage at Eaglewood Boulevard.
  • Facilitating future guideway tracks relocation for safer light rail vehicle operation and Hurontario traffic flow.
Future Activities
  • In the coming months overnight installation of new hydro poles east of Hurontario Street along South Service Road is planned
  • Crews will also resume stringing of aerial Alectra cables on new hydro poles along east boulevard of Hurontario Street.

Mississauga Cooksville​

Ongoing Construction in Cooksville:​

• Utility works and road widening between Harborn Road and Matthews Gate.
  • West side road widening between The Queensway and Dundas Street, causing intermittent driveway closures.
  • Flag persons will be onsite to assist drivers.
Watermain Testing and Commissioning:
  • Is being conducted from Dundas Street to Hillcrest Avenue
Midblock Track Installation and Intersection Works:
  • Track installation progressing in Cooksville area, with crews working in the middle of the roadway.
  • Turn restrictions at some intersections.
  • Intersection works at Elm Drive underway, to be completed by mid-May.
  • Intersection works at The Queensway to start in early May, completing by mid-June.
  • Planned intersection works at Central Parkway and Burnhamthorpe Road

Back