Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Have you been in Walmart lately as you will not recognize it with all the remodeling taking place now those long ramps have been removed?? Expect to see a larger grocery area in the coming months.

Foot traffic for the whole area is the pits for walking with the sea of parking lots.

Downtown 21 had some great ideas, but a failure at the end of the day creating more streets for car lovers.

The last 2 expansions have been a failure with a lot of useless space. In fact you can go back when they can the expansion after OMERS bought the mall who spent a year trying to figure what to do with that expansion by putting cars parking there
Was in Walmart today and what a few days between visit shows how much the store has change in that short time frame.

The lower checkout is on the opposite side of the entrance with more of everything for it. More food place around areas that have been renovated or in the process.

Will no see anymore changes until I get back at the end of Aug.

I never find streets a problem if they are on a grid and they aren't too wide. The problem with downtown 21 is that there isn't really a grid and you still have to circle around square one because of its size.
Like I have being saying for the last 2 decades, 60% of Mississauga needs to be strip to the ground and start allover again with a grid system and a lot of more n-s, e-w roads that continue from end to end.

Rebuild Sq One on only 20% of its current foot print with development above it

That area becomes a city within a city

Was in Walmart today and what a few days between visit shows how much the store has change in that short time frame.

The lower checkout is on the opposite side of the entrance with more of everything for it. More food place around areas that have been renovated or in the process.

Will no see anymore changes until I get back at the end of Aug.

Like I have being saying for the last 2 decades, 60% of Mississauga needs to be strip to the ground and start allover again with a grid system and a lot of more n-s, e-w roads that continue from end to end.

Rebuild Sq One on only 20% of its current foot print with development above it

That area becomes a city within a city
Well the easiest way to make a city within a city is just to remake square one into a grid.

But if you have to do other places then Please be nice to my house when you’re appropriating away.

I will start with the Mayor backyard by building the Queensway not over the Credit river like it should happen on day one, but connect it with the 403.

Need another east-west between the QEW and the Lakeshore to start off things.

Have to cut Sq One into 3rds to get n-s roads as grid roads

I will start with the Mayor backyard by building the Queensway not over the Credit river like it should happen on day one, but connect it with the 403.

Need another east-west between the QEW and the Lakeshore to start off things.

Have to cut Sq One into 3rds to get n-s roads as grid roads
Why not just put square one back to original size sans the department stores on the ends. Then you could have room to build a grid around it.

65D46A22-3328-4BBD-9F33-EDA0DD274A46.jpeg

July 28
Took a quick look at the north today before I leave on Sat. Next time will be in Sept

Southbound lanes south of Eglinton been pave for the new lanes. Once done, work on the guideway can get under way

Next intersection to be close will be Watergarden Dr as the rails are there for it.

Bristol still a long way from been open as plan

Various curbs have been pour for some of the guideway and it may see some trackwork by year end.

The rails for Matheson platform still not completed nor have concrete to anchor then in place,

Britannia e-w down to a single lane each way with no turning in any direction. Intersection will not reopen until the end of Aug

The 401 westbound ramp is now open for Hurontario.

Still a lot of trackwork to be done between Courtneypark and Derry to be 100% complete.

Derry platform built

Topflight close and a guessing game when it will reopen with all the T trackwork in place. Nice Opps!! for the barriers to protect the guideway that they are in the wrong location and be remove and bult in the correct location

The outbound track from OMS is being built and almost up to where the inbound starts.

Looks like some OPPS at the OMS and can see where concrete and rail has bee removed.

Digging and placing supports for the sound barrier along the 407 side underway

Get a lot of info from the police on site as to various issues taking place as well delaying the work. This goes in hand talking to various workers. A lot of area where stormwater and water lines are to go in are hitting a lot of utilities that has to be removed by x or relocated not shown on the plans it can take a week or 2 before work can resume and delaying the project

Some are saying 2025 before the line is built and testing can get underway for the whole line. I am now saying Q3 in 2025 before service starts. Lack of worker are delaying this line as well.

More photos up on my site. Looks like I have a major issue with the lens that can't be looked at until I return from my trip on top what I already know. Couldn't get the lens in and back before my trip as it needs 4 week turn around.
53077673737_17802340f6_b.jpg

53077673732_1306c2df00_b.jpg

53078656995_7b6c3bdb53_b.jpg

53078245681_a6bbc052c9_b.jpg

53078745803_1dbb00f28c_b.jpg

53078746868_c49dd85bc9_b.jpg

53078676673_60c858df1a_b.jpg

The roof for the south end is ready to have concrete pour for it.

They have removed all the protection for the creek to the northside of the new Englewood bridge. Can't do anymore work on the creek until the current bridge is close.

The southbound lane currently closed at the QEW is now ready to open as it has temporary asphalt in place for the QEW eastbound ramp and no sidewalk yet

The new northbound on ramp to the QEW is ready for back fill and paving when either they get around to it. Both sides of the push box ready for grading and the building of the sidewalk in the box.

Some photos from my 1,000th recorded career flight August 2nd
1691490110043.jpeg

1691490134634.jpeg

1691490165893.jpeg

1691490183419.jpeg

1691490200195.jpeg

Thought I’d resurface this image of the road+train alignment at the QEW underpass to accompany the progress photos.

If you haven’t seen this before it’s difficult to understand what they’re constructing here, it’s one of the more unique interchange configurations I’ve seen in the GTA.
40D48C7A-CE69-4E69-BD25-BF4FB221C943.jpeg

Thought I’d resurface this image of the road+train alignment at the QEW underpass to accompany the progress photos.

If you haven’t seen this before it’s difficult to understand what they’re constructing here, it’s one of the more unique interchange configurations I’ve seen in the GTA.View attachment 498458
Can you show me how the train will go under the cooksville bridge?

Can you show me how the train will go under the cooksville bridge?
This one actually has a couple renderings shown here on the metrolinx website. Attached as well.
6425BAFA-EC4D-412F-964D-45E716653EDA.jpeg
734007C4-C0D9-47E3-A774-DE5F8DF48BC3.jpeg

I have not seen any more detailed design documents for this station.

I think it would be cool to see an elevator + staircase directly to the GO platform level from the LRT platform, leading to less pedestrian traffic at the John Street crosswalk. However, the Cooksville GO platform is aligned entirely west of Hurontario so I imagine this would be an expensive undertaking for a relatively limited benefit. Perhaps it will be considered in the future if the station sees traffic higher than projected.

Back