Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I would be laughing too if they weren't such a serious threat to the LRT. No matter how stupid their reasoning may be, it could very easily get derailed now.

I would be laughing too if they weren't such a serious threat to the LRT. No matter how stupid their reasoning may be, it could very easily get derailed now.

Very true. Metrolinx should take a hard-line in response, but I doubt that they will. Did they actually offer Primove as an option, to eliminate overhead in the historic area? I would be a little pissed off if I went out of my way to accommodate someone (at somewhat significant cost for the Primove technology, I imagine), and they rejected it outright, and instead came back with multiple suggestions that only add significant overall costs to the project (ie. tunneling down Main Street, extra-track length to divert to McLaughlin, etc).

I think laughing at them is the best way to undermine their argument. Simply, "your opposition is a joke".

The Primove proposal is pretty nuts (though less so than the alternatives, I guess).

Come on people, overhead wires (other than at junctions) really aren't that big of a deal.

In my opinion, Metrolinx shouldn't even be entertaining an alternative to putting overhead wires through Downtown Brampton.. This would just add extra cost and complexity to the system for minimal benefit. There are some cases where NIMBY types should just be ignored..

the funniest part of it in my opinion is that there was historically an Interurban running through downtown Brampton, its not like there isn't a historic precedent to overhead wires.

did I miss something here? There has been no new comment or report or reaction from the Heritage group. All that seems to have happened is that the new mayor of Brampton spoke to the media....she stated her support for this line.....she even stated her support for the current ML proposed route (both things the former mayor also did).....to add some context to the story (appropriately) the writer mentioned that the heritage folks have spoken against the route....but that speaking out was prior to the last election and, as far as I can tell/recall, there has been no further "anti LRT" or "anti-route" groundswell or, even, much discussion....sure he answered the question from the reporter but has something else happened on this file lately?

I think we might be over reacting to a bit of context providing by a writer.

did I miss something here? There has been no new comment or report or reaction from the Heritage group. All that seems to have happened is that the new mayor of Brampton spoke to the media....she stated her support for this line.....she even stated her support for the current ML proposed route (both things the former mayor also did).....to add some context to the story (appropriately) the writer mentioned that the heritage folks have spoken against the route....but that speaking out was prior to the last election and, as far as I can tell/recall, there has been no further "anti LRT" or "anti-route" groundswell or, even, much discussion....sure he answered the question from the reporter but has something else happened on this file lately?

I think we might be over reacting to a bit of context providing by a writer.

It's nice that the mayor supports it, but what about council? It's quite obvious that some of them drank the koolaid of these anti-transit NIMBYs, and have voted against Metrolinx's preferred route last year.

It's nice that the mayor supports it, but what about council? It's quite obvious that some of them drank the koolaid of these anti-transit NIMBYs, and have voted against Metrolinx's preferred route last year.

There was, never, a vote on the route. There was a vote to defer the decision until other potential routes were reviewed.

Ok fine, they voted to study some new routes, because they didn't like the other one.

No....they wanted to see if there were alternatives that could work for all.....now they have them they will vote......they just did not feel they had enough information

What I don't understand is how someone could think that a tramline would impinge upon the historic ambience of Main St. but modern SUVs, pick-up trucks and 5t delivery vehicles do not. Are those that don't want the tram calling for a pedestrian centre of Brampton?

the funniest part of it in my opinion is that there was historically an Interurban running through downtown Brampton, its not like there isn't a historic precedent to overhead wires.

Someone needs to find a photo of said Interurban running down Main Street in front of some of the historic buildings

Someone needs to find a photo of said Interurban running down Main Street in front of some of the historic buildings

IfBramptonWasAhouse.png

bramptonsucks.com/

SEE WHAT ELARTEE's DO!!!???

Attachments

• IfBramptonWasAhouse.png
    IfBramptonWasAhouse.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 408

Back