Toronto Gibson Square Condominiums | 137.46m | 42s | Menkes | Rafael + Bigauskas

Preview prices

The preview prices for Gibson Square are out now. Cost per sq. foot varies from approximately $476 to $518.

crazy prices IMO ... I like NYCC, but not at those prices ... whatever happened to the economy + real estate market slowdown ??

any renderings / floorplan links to share ? :)

are they going to release Phase I and II at the same time like Tridel Hullmark? Are they open to public yet?

I don't think they are open yet ... still agent only I think ~

did a little web searching and found this website (not Menkes official one though) and floorplans are shown in this PDF

I think they are only selling the south tower at this time ... judging from the floorplans they are pretty typical Menkes, nothing spectacular but traditionally dependable, I think the building configuration / unit layouts are similar to that of Savvy + Cosmo + Broadway + Ultima

Site Plan

GibsonSq_sp.jpg

South Tower Typical Floorplate

GibsonSq_floorplate.jpg

Looking at the site plan, it looks like they will maintain part of the rose garden and not totally destroy it. That's the only positive thing about this site. I still don't understand why they needed to build the 2nd tower on the garden site instead of just building it on where their inter-building podium is. That area is currently a parking lot.

It's too bad that this site is a done deal. The only way this may not get built is if sales go sour due to the economy.

I think the plan is to take out everything at the corner of Yonge & Park Holme, excavation the entire site (and a portion extending west along Park Holme) for underground parking, and replant the portion shown as 'North York Rose Garden'

Root of the issue is that the existing Rose Garden is in fact a private property in which the owner decided to plant pretty landscaping and allow public access + use, thats why area residents have a false perception that this site is a public park rather than private property ... I think the reaction to the development of this site would be been much less had the 'Rose Garden' been kept as a private space in the beginning ... but anyhow Gibson Square is approved now :)

What's positive about losing only part of a park? Green space lost is lost forever (except in Detroit). Even worse, though, is that this condo project will rob Gibson House of all historical context...might as well pack it up and ship it off to that Heritage Lane in Markham.

It may be privately owned but it *is* still a de facto public park...that much is obvious. Not only does the city maintain it and treat like any other park, the Menkes site is proposed to have more "park space" than would otherwise be required for a similar development to offset the loss of park space that will occur when the rose garden is destroyed.

I also love how the OMB notes that 4 stakeholders expressed opposition to the project in community...I wouldn't be surprised if these 4 were also the only members of the public present at the meetings.

A lot of the problems the city had with this project stemmed from the lack of office space (Or absolutely no office space as is the case here) in this employment district.

I don't see why there can't be a comprise but yes I agree ... at the very least a mixed use development here is needed but we won't be getting that ...

A rendering of this project from the Condo Guide that I had not seen previously. Rather Shanghai-ish.

GibsonSquareR.jpg

I agree. That roof is weird-looking and unnecessary. It seems like these days unusual roof structures are a way to make up for generic design. Rather unfortunate, but there you have it.

Back