Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

That fountain is enormous. The materials and execution will determine whether it adds a touch of class or a touch of ass to this neighbourhood.

wow, I didn't realize this project was going to be so much taller than 18 Yorkville.

36_02_img_7-8.jpg

that's terrific. i love the fact that yorkville will now a substantial skyline of its own. this neighbourhood is going to be irresistibly sexy once the towers go up and bloor is finished its (eternal) revitalization.

ps. it looks like four seasons will be what bay adelaide could have been.

I can't believe that the fountain will be taller than the old fire station's roof! I also like the hazy elevation render, it really makes the buildings look all the more imposing and powerful. Definitely one of the best projects underway.

Which crane is for the main tower? The one at the back of the photo?

For the main tower the crane in the foreground is used, for the giant podium ballroom thing, the one at the left, back side is used, and for the second residential tower, the one at the back right.

I love the concept for the park: plucking forms from the past - in this case a supersized cast iron fountain paired with a decorative red brick 'carpet' - and set off by a rose-petal shaped garden that avoids the colour of rose petals and can be understood at ground level and also seen from above ( like the proposed Camouflage Park ). A nice counterpoint to the formality of nearbye 18 Yorkville park, too.

April 13 2009 update

looking northwest across the Four Seasons pit ~

IMG_3668.jpg
IMG_3669.jpg

Back