Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

I will say late summer, early fall before at grade.

IMG_april-15-09-0078.jpg

IMG_april-15-09-0079.jpg

IMG_april-15-09-0080.jpg

IMG_april-15-09-0081.jpg

IMG_april-15-09-0082.jpg

IMG_april-15-09-0083.jpg

IMG_april-15-09-0084.jpg

IMG_april-15-09-0085.jpg

Sorry guys, I really phoned this one in. I think they were getting ready to pour some cement and everything was walled off tight, so these pics are kind of useless :/
I'd planned to take some shots from the top of that parking garage to the right, but the thunder clouds were starting to roll in and my feet were getting sore from all the walking (and climbing 5 flights next to Casa).

img44501.jpg

img44511.jpg

img44531.jpg

Last edited:
I'd planned to take some shots from the top of that parking garage to the right, but the thunder clouds were starting to roll in and my feet were getting sore from all the walking (and climbing 5 flights next to Casa).

Dude! Take the elevator in the parking garage off Charles Street across from Casa. Hold your breath, use a key to press the L5 button and don't lean up against anything on your way up :D

Yeah, it's always a toss-up between urine-soaked stairwells and enclosed elevators that reek of B.O.

Two toilets, two showers, but only ONE bath in the master bathroom? Forget this place...I'm not going to pay $15 million to live in a hovel.

So why exactly did they split this one up into a 55 storey tower and a then a smaller 25 storey? Could a taller tower not have been possible, or did those damn shadow laws come into play again? :confused:

So why exactly did they split this one up into a 55 storey tower and a then a smaller 25 storey? Could a taller tower not have been possible, or did those damn shadow laws come into play again? :confused:

Shadows might have had something to do with it, since shadows were already a huge concern with this project (it shadows a school yard as is). Also, as hard as 55 storeys probably was to get approved on Yorkville, I'd imagine it would be nearly impossible to get approval for an 80 storey tower in that location.

So why exactly did they split this one up into a 55 storey tower and a then a smaller 25 storey? Could a taller tower not have been possible, or did those damn shadow laws come into play again?

There was no splitiing of towers. It always was proposed as two.

Yeah, I do get it but, it would be like sayin' why the TD Centre wasn't built as one 135 storey tower. I can only assume after much, much crunching the roughly 50/25 model presented the most profit and the easiest sell to both buyers and the planners.

I'm sure even industry experts were flabbergasted when 80 storeys virtually sold out in a couple of months. It's just another quirk of the absoutely insane boom of the last few years. Anyone that thinks otherwise should be parking money in real estate.

Last edited:

Back