Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

img0994s.jpg

in urbandreamers last pic, 50 Bloor's gonna appear the tallest building in the city, i mean, four seasons looks like it's as tall as Scotia Plaza due to the elevation difference :D

I wouldn't be overly optimistic about 50 Bloor getting built, at least not any time soon. I'm betting they were too late to the party.

Anyways, will this place just freakin' open already? My goodness this is taking forever and you'd think they'd have an incentive to move fast with their previous location already being shuttered. No business likes a big decrease in cash-flow for an extended period of time. Especially when they recently tied up lots of capital in new development.

I wouldn't be overly optimistic about 50 Bloor getting built, at least not any time soon. I'm betting they were too late to the party.

Well I really hope that 50 Bloor can be built, we are going to get so many benefits with this project. And the real big problem with this are not the selling or money issue, is that the city council don't want to approval it.

Im really looking forward to 50 bloor, not just for height, but because of the designs we've seen. It's a thin box with plenty of setbacks,. I nice change from all the stacked box, wrap around balcony, sloped roof designs we've all been seeing for the past while. AND, it's a mixed use building and looks office-buildingish

and ya, four seasons' exterior has been complete for quite a while, it's been complete in my mind for a while too, although it's not even open

I like the idea of the charcoal slate on the base but I sure hope they "season" the stone and don't just wash it. Washing it will temporarily make it look a little better, but city dust dirt and grime will accumulate in less than a week and make it look exactly as it is right now. Because as it stands, it looks like the tar-paper undercoating before vinyl siding is installed. However, if properly seasoned with stone conditioning agents it will be stunning.

If you climb up the stairs of the Green P lot across the street you can see the Victorian carpet thing taking shape. The driveway is being paved with grey stones, crisscrossed with white lines, and there's pixellated flowers around the perimeter. You can also see the concrete base that the fountain will sit on, and you can see that the driveway slopes toward the middle (probably for drainage for the fountain).

First impression is that it looks really good, though the fountain does look a little awkwardly placed, as it will end up being very close to the overhead canopy. It might also look more balanced once they finish the other side of the landscaping.

Back