Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

another high class tower that doesn't want to show off it's logo, but I don't blame them because I wouldn't want my logo caught in Toronto's skyline. It's not nice like NYC or Chicago's. :cool:

I'm pretty sure the brackets for the sign are already up there, they're probably just waiting for closer to the opening to put it up

Of course it has. At this point, it's surprising when a project follows through on its more lavish promises. Something like that fountain would only take away from the bottom line, so why spend the money when a plain driveway with some planters is good enough? This is Toronto the Cheap. Toronto the Practical. Toronto the Meek. I'm curious to here what their excuse will be.

noooooooo.....Ramako what has happened to you? Did you get dumped? We need you to bounce out of this funk you're in. We get enough negative stuff from UD. We need the old Ramako.

another high class tower that doesn't want to show off it's logo, but I don't blame them because I wouldn't want my logo caught in Toronto's skyline. It's not nice like NYC or Chicago's. :cool:

Great input. It explains perfectly why many large corporations have their logos in bland towers in cities that are not known for their skyline at all, say Las Vegas, for example :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, I will be happy if the Fountain goes through at all, but I'm still a little disappointed that they chose such a "rustic" look. Why couldn't they have gone with something more modern, to match the rest of the complex?

Obviously, I will be happy if the Fountain goes through at all, but I'm still a little disappointed that they chose such a "rustic" look. Why couldn't they have gone with something more modern, to match the rest of the complex?

The juxtaposition of "modern" with "antique" has always been a popular design aesthetic. Why? Who knows... I guess you have to go to design school, or be a professor to understand the psychology. However, I hazard to guess that the antique gives a sense of familiarity to the modern and therefore anchors the design in a reality that we as observers can understand.

Enough psycho-babble.

2001-SpOdy-BedroomScene2.jpg

(Image found here: http://imzadiradenoy.tripod.com/Remembering2001.html )

Personally I think the traditional design of the fountain/landscaping does a good job of connecting the stark modern Four Seasons with the older Station 312 and Yorkville Library next to it. Makes it so that there is a smoother transition instead of a sudden contrast.

Struggling to determine the level of sarcasm from the emoticon usage. Help me out here! :) I'm assuming this isn't a serious comment!

Anyways, as was already mentioned, you can already see the brackets for the signage are in place in some of the photos.

noooooooo.....Ramako what has happened to you? Did you get dumped? We need you to bounce out of this funk you're in. We get enough negative stuff from UD. We need the old Ramako.

I find Ramako to be one of the most well considered critics on here... we need honest criticism on here to balance out the mindless sycophantic drooling that predominates.

Cafe Boulud's chef de cuisine announced.

If all goes according to plan, Yorkville’s Café Boulud, the 15th-or-so location in Daniel Boulud’s ever-growing empire, will open its doors at the foot of the new Four Seasons on October 5.

Helming the kitchen will be Tyler Shedden, a B.C. native who previously worked as the private dining room chef at Boulud’s Michelin three-star flagship Daniel in New York (prior to that, he was an executive sous-chef at Gordon Ramsay at the London, also in New York). Shedden, who hasn’t previously worked in Toronto, will preside over a 150-seat “casual fine dining†restaurant, whose menu will combine classic French cuisine with local, seasonal ingredients and dishes from further afar. At a reception earlier this week, Boulud praised the young chef, saying, “Tyler has been a good soldier and now is becoming a captain†(Shedden replied with a half-excited, half-terrified grin).

The restaurant will be Boulud’s fourth Canadian venture: he opened Maison Boulud at Montreal’s Ritz-Carlton earlier this summer and had operated two formerly Rob Feenie–led restaurants in Vancouver, which both shut down last year.

... Which is why a built fountain is staring you right in the face on that website:

That photo is dated from early 2011 btw.

I did see that photo and it did give me hope. I guess I'm waiting to get my hopes up as I haven't seen any provisions for structural reinforcement or plumbing in the preparation of the plaza.

Back