Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

The sofa is at the end of the drive-in archway at 38 Avenue Road (The Prince Arthur).

Or as I call it, the Tomb of the Unknown Scientologist
085563-tom-cruise-oprah-winfrey-story-landscape-316x211-.jpg

UrbanToronto was privileged to tour the Four Seasons construction site in late November, and we have lots of photos to show you. We thought we would launch the series with some of the fantastic views this building has of the rest of the city, from about 30 floors up. Enjoy the tour!

Let's start big. Those with with west windows will catch this view if they look to the south.

4SViewsCNTower.jpg

Look a bit to the left, go telephoto, and there's this, which will be fully reclad by the time residents move into the Four Seasons:

4SViewsFCP1.jpg

Look a bit to the right again, and we can see over closer buildings to Humber Bay in the distance.

4SViews1Bedford2.jpg

Focus in closer, and we have 1 Bedford by Lanterra.

4SViews1Bedford1.jpg

To the right, the current Four Seasons Hotel is starting to look pretty short. The 31-storey/92-metre high building has much lower ceiling heights than the new Four Seasons.

4SViews4SCurrent1.jpg

Look up and peer into the distance for this view of Mississauga's City Centre. As always, Cityzen and Fernbrook's stunning Absolute World towers command the view.

4SViewsAbsolute1.jpg

Slightly to the right we can see on the horizon where the Niagara Escarpment dips at Kelso.

4SViewsAbsolute2.jpg

Turning 90 degrees, looking out of the north side, and focusing close in again we get a look at The Florian by Diamante, partially marked by the Four Season's shadow. Buildings of the Yonge Street corridor up to Toronto's midtown core at Eglinton are visible behind.

4SViewsFlorian1.jpg

4SViewsFlorian2.jpg

Another 90 degree turn takes us to the east side of the building, and some close up views of Milan, the Conservatory Group's project at Yonge and Davenport.

4SViewsMilan1.jpg

4SViewsMilan2.jpg

Look up, way up, and Scarborough City Centre's growing skyline appears on the horizon beyond Thorncliffe Park and the Leaside Towers, well one of them anyway.

4SViewsSCC1.jpg

Move right again, come in close again, and we get a good look at Great Gulf Homes' 18 Yorkville, designed like the Four Seasons, by architectsAlliance, and complete for a couple of years now. In this view 18 Yorville poses as the backdrop for a bucket being lowered for another load of concrete for the Four Seasons.

4SViews18Yorkville1.jpg

From this high up we get a better look at the top of 18 Yorkville than we have ever had before.

4SViews18Yorkville2.jpg

4SViews18Yorkville3.jpg

Finally we turn towards Toronto's Uptown core for a view of... Uptown, the recently topped-off 48-storey art deco inspired tower by the Pemberton Group.

4SViewsUptown1.jpg

4SViewsUptown2.jpg

4SViewsUptown3.jpg

Last edited:
I do like the glass but the overall box doesn't seem too impressive. Hopefully I missed a render somewhere and we are going to see some interesting setbacks?

Come on and look around ..its the nicest and best up there right now.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic (because of the rolleyes), but if the qualification for "nicest" and "best" is height, as it probably is for jetsbackincanada, then sure, why not. I find the setbacks on the east side are a disservice to the overall form of Uptown because it breaks up the symmetry of the top half when viewing from the north and south. Similar setbacks on the west side and shifting the upper half east so that the midpoint at the top aligns with the midpoint at the base would have made the form of Uptown a bit better in my opinion. I'll ignore the use of the plain ol' precast. I'd take One St. Thomas over Uptown any day.

Thanks for the tour, I42!

The GE building has setbacks that aren't symmetrical.....does that form disturb you as well??
The art of the setback isn't just in symmetry, in NYC alot of the setbacks incorporate street level considerations, so the base will raise one way and the tower will be square with the compass, and not the base. Wall street is full of these examples. Uptown works wonderfully, and in time will be an appreciated member of the area. The height, is an important part of the overall massing, and it's tapered crown is starting to look pretty good.

Back