Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

This is one impressive builder. They started off with no real estate in Toronto and all of a sudden came in with 4(?) projects all at once! very very impressive.

It's only impressive if they get around to building and completing them all which is not the case in Astana

yes it is impressive that Bazis has 4 ongoing projects in TO ... but no it is not that impressive that Bazis only has CrystalBlu actually under construction :eek:

Thanks for the link AoD, judging from the preliminary B/W wireframe elevations, I'm sorry is it just me or does it just look ugly?? it is just a square shaped glass tower, no design 'feature', no articulation, no geometry (just like 1BE!!), this in fact reminds me of the old office building at 130 Bloor West of which 155 Cumberland is built upon ~ YUK :rolleyes:

Wow it's so very plain. How boring!! I hope the renders will show something that is not showing up in the drawings.

this in fact reminds me of the old office building at 130 Bloor West of which 155 Cumberland is built upon ~ YUK :rolleyes:

IMO not yuk, regardless of whether Philip Johnson did the Torno or not. Lovely 1960-era curtain wall with milky spandrels.

Screw Bazis AND the city for this.

UofT students (especially us Vickies) have NOTHING in our area that is affordable anymore.

They should just move a McDonalds into the retail at base if this ever gets built, but of course, the developer will be wayyyy too pretentious to ever do that. Plus I seriously think that McDonalds is an iconic fast food spot in Toronto.

UofT students (especially us Vickies) have NOTHING in our area that is affordable anymore.

They should just move a McDonalds into the retail at base if this ever gets built, but of course, the developer will be wayyyy too pretentious to ever do that. Plus I seriously think that McDonalds is an iconic fast food spot in Toronto.

Toronto is a big city, just go south from where your residence is and you'll run into a plethora of cheap eateries; Yorkville is the playground of the rich and famous.

Go Vickies!!!

5 years at UT and haven't stepped into that McDonalds once.

Toronto is a big city, just go south from where your residence is and you'll run into a plethora of cheap eateries; Yorkville is the playground of the rich and famous.

i love it. but haven't see anyone famous :(

Last edited:

Ohhhh, I'm sorry, I seem to have thought that Toronto was just a small town. :eek: (smartass)
Actually, we don't always have time to walk down Yonge for a few blocks to find decent, cheap food.

Last edited:
Ohhhh, I'm sorry, I seem to have thought that Toronto was just a small town. :eek: (smartass)
Actually, we don't always have time to walk down Yonge for a few blocks to find decent, cheap food.

Well apparently you did think Toronto was a small town if you were concerned over the prices in the city's most expensive district.

There are cheap eateries on Yonge just off Bloor, both south and north.. Or walk a few blocks south if Yorkville ends up eating your pocket.

Filip, I was making a comment about how retail in new condos shouldn't always be "up-market" or afraid to be fast food joints. It's a good suggestion for financially sustainable city-building. Not everyone, especially in these times, is as well off as the next person.

But yeah... rents in new retail units are ridiculously high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I agree there should be establishments for a student budget within very close walking distance of universities and colleges. It only makes sense...

Yes, I agree there should be establishments for a student budget within very close walking distance of universities and colleges. It only makes sense...
There are, many. The Annex is absolutely filled with awesome pubs with very low prices (Green Room for one is a favourite of mine), Yonge just off Bloor has great restaurants. There's a Mexican one near the corner of Yorkville and Yonge that is a)cheap b)delicious.

Filip, I was making a comment about how retail in new condos shouldn't always be "up-market" or afraid to be fast food joints. It's a good suggestion for financially sustainable city-building. Not everyone, especially in these times, is as well off as the next person.

But yeah... rents in new retail units are ridiculously high.
There's only one street (well neighbourhood if you count the side streets north) that has a concentration of high end retail. The rest of the city is cheap, trashy, whatever you wanna call it. I don't see the issue with having expensive stores and complaining that they're kicking out a McDonald's of all things.

Back