Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

17 September 2008 photo update

Signs up, who's buying?

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

can't wait to see the actual price list on this 1... i don't believe it'll start from just $500,000s... i like the idea of each unit having private elevator access...

can't wait to see the actual price list on this 1... i don't believe it'll start from just $500,000s... i like the idea of each unit having private elevator access...

How do you know the smallest unit isn't 500 sq ft? At 1000/sq ft it would be way over priced.

Besides, every project always has the random broom closet unit that is way smaller than everything else tossed into some corner of wasted space. They get to put on all their marketing materials that the building starts at a super low price, and when you show up to the sales center you realize any legitimate unit you could actually live in is far more expensive.

Frankly living above a McDonalds would not be desirable at all. I can't really picture how they would attempt to market that to the high end client. Why when there are a whole host of projects in the vicinity they could choose?

The initial discussions regarding the proposal are for a 32 floor tower with approximately 150-170 units. An eight storey podium would include a large outdoor rooftop garden and no underground parking will be provided due to the subway running under the property.

What is this, Bazis' fifth condo project in two years? Perhaps they should tread a little more conservatively into the Toronto condo market, considering that their entire repertoire of finished products consists of a slow-moving construction site that just reached street level several weeks ago.

The initial discussions regarding the proposal are for a 32 floor tower with approximately 150-170 units. An eight storey podium would include a large outdoor rooftop garden and no underground parking will be provided due to the subway running under the property.

Hmmm ... sounds interesting, about 5 units per level, makes for nice corner units.

Will there be above-ground parking or no parking at all?
Even though it is DT, isn't there something in the by-laws that require there to be a minimum of parking spots?

well technically Exhibit is only Bazis' 4th project, following Crystal Blu, 1 Bloor East, and Emerald Park ...

unless you count Emerald Park as 2 :D

no underground parking will be provided due to the subway running under the property.

odd considering the site is surrounded by multi-level basements

^^Nevertheless, this is usually the "plan of attack" for a developer that is new to this town:

1. Sell one relatively safe condo project
2. Pause and evaluate
3. Continue or withdraw accordingly.

Bazis started off by selling the rather safe Crystal Blu and, before the ground had even been broken, promptly announced that it would build the tallest condo tower that Toronto had ever seen and, not much later, the tallest pair of towers North York had ever seen.

Hey, maybe they know something that we don't. Maybe they possess that special swagger that allows them to introduce projects seemingly on a weekly basis during an economic crisis. Maybe their experience selling projects in a Central Asian Petrostate with a radically different real estate culture will parlay into tremendous success here in Hogtown. Still, there was only one other developer who promised so much to Torontonians before bothering to even lift a shovel. His name was Harry Stinson.

Last edited:
... Still, there was only one other developer who promised so much to Torontonians before bothering to even lift a shovel. His name was Harry Stinson.

LMAO ... would this be considered fanning the flames of rumours .... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Back