Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Looking at excavation pictures from One Bedford and Museum House there was no tunnel liner that close to the surface that was visible. Granted there a far fewer excavation pic for them on the forum but I think this might be another tunnel of sorts, utility, vents, emergency exit etc.

Either way it should be interesting to see how the construction forms around it.

These should help explain it. (I don't have this absolutely exact - but it's pretty damn close.)

SubwayLocnCxt960.jpg

SubwayLocnDet960.jpg

Base from Apple Maps

Attachments

• SubwayLocnCxt960.jpg
    SubwayLocnCxt960.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 974
  • SubwayLocnDet960.jpg
    SubwayLocnDet960.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 952
Last edited:
That explains the endless subway noise you hear when you're walking outside the ROM. They even have large grates in the sidewalk near the northeast corner of the crystal.

Ah I thought the curve was a little tighter and closer to avenue. Thanks for that Craig.

Did Roy mention if there was going to be any internal support structures set up inside the tunnel or other modifications? Or new idea, does that concrete and steel strutt frame act as an overtop support?

Last edited:
Did Roy mention if there was going to be any internal support structures set up inside the tunnel or other modifications? Or new idea, does that concrete and steel strutt frame act as an overtop support?

It was a while ago that he and I talked about this. The building is being bridged over the tunnel. Maybe that's the "bridge" we're looking at then, maybe they are farther along than any of us realized. No-one's shot this from the back yet…

It was a while ago that he and I talked about this. The building is being bridged over the tunnel. Maybe that's the "bridge" we're looking at then, maybe they are farther along than any of us realized. No-one's shot this from the back yet…

Oct 08
10164737226_0447696cd0_b.jpg

Back