Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I'm not sure what this means for the project, but a Quesada Mexican Grill is moving into the lower level of the complex of restaurants here.

yeah, I was wondering about that. doesn't make much sense on quesada's end. unless they're investing minimally into this new location. it'll be interesting to see what they do with the space.

I have not patronized one of the three existing Quesadas yet, but I would assume two things based on this opening:

1) yes, that Quesada would be able to move out the bulk of their equipment and furnishings to a new location when this one has to close, and

2) that closing is not likely to happen soon. Bazis now has an uphill battle to sell condos in this city with the very public failure of 1 Bloor: they have Cyrstal Blu to finish and Emerald Park to start, and they must prove themselves with those projects first. Finishes and workmanship in both projects will have to be good to sell luxury units here to a justifiably picky wealthy clientele in a city where there are lots of options for them. Over a year after it was announced, Bazis' website for Exhibit is still just accepting registrations and giving away nothing about the project. This one could be a long time coming.

Notice of a public meeting for April 27 has been put on site. From Jasonzed at SCC:

20100411016.jpg

Hopefully some UTers will show up to keep the debate reasonable.

This thing should have to contain space for the offices and medical labs next door being given the boot. Having a lab there, for example, was convenient and important for the area. True mixed use should mean that medical labs like LifeLabs, doctor's offices, and even "lowly" retail/food services like McDonalds don't have to move blocks away.

We need sustainable development. Not another row of useless boutiques.

I didn't realize it has that stacked thing going on. Reminds me of that (cancelled?) Gansevoort project a bit.

Last edited:
Ignoring the fact that a few buildings have been proposed with vaguely similar designs, I don't think we've even seen a single thing actually go up looking like that. I wouldn't mind some variety, and besides, if you compare North American cities, a lot of buildings throughout different periods could be called knock-offs of each other.

Ignoring the fact that a few buildings have been proposed with vaguely similar designs, I don't think we've even seen a single thing actually go up looking like that. I wouldn't mind some variety, and besides, if you compare North American cities, a lot of buildings throughout different periods could be called knock-offs of each other.

Yes, and never mind New York, it's Toronto that's characterized by modernist skyscrapers of the "box" style. The "stacked" look is completely at home here. If we saw a lot of these with different styles, colours, and cladding, it could become that elusive "Toronto style" that some architecture aficionados here have been waiting for.

Not quite sure what's going on here. There's a lot of scaffolding on site but it seems a little late to be doing any kind of renos. Maybe this will be the site of Exhibit's sales office.

hibit1.jpg

hibit2.jpg

Not quite sure what's going on here. There's a lot of scaffolding on site but it seems a little late to be doing any kind of renos. Maybe this will be the site of Exhibit's sales office.

it does seem kind of odd... but a ton of reno has gone on inside that mcd's over the past several months as well

Back