Toronto Emerald City Phases 1 to 3 including Dream Tower | ?m | 36s | Almadev | WZMH

Excavation for this project has most certainly begun. Last week I saw a few pieces of heavy machinery on site doing some drilling (long pole type equipment).

This morning as I passed by there were no less than 16 empty dump trucks waiting to be loaded with earth excavated from the site.

Last week I did see two BAUER drill rigs on site. We should see this thing above ground sometime in the Fall.

So 16 dump trucks and drills, have they started digging and drilling yet, or they are just sitting there? Anybody else got the very recent pictures?

Does anyone have the means to take a photo from a location overlooking this site so that we can have a firsthand account of what's going on?

A good spot I've found to get a full overview of the Emerald City site is from the top floor of the Fairview Mall parking deck across the street ... some photo updates from there previously:

September 12 2010
120_george_henry_north_york_2010a.jpg

October 16 2009
IMG_1779.jpg

wow it looks like lots of money has been spent to get construction going,,,I bought one unit of phase 2 so at least I'm happy to see phase one started,,,,

Canada Day update. Not a lot happening on site, obviously.

p1010495il.jpg

p1010496l.jpg

p1010497za.jpg

p1010498u.jpg

Owners will have a pretty good view of the long Yonge skyline from here.

p1010503nn.jpg

p1010504c.jpg

I live nearby so I am going to make an effort to provide frequent photo updates.

Pile Drivers? Those sure look like shoring machines to me....

Looks like a BAEUR drill rig from ANCHOR Shoring to me. Augers, Pile Drivers, Drill Rigs - same family. Look around GOOGLE and you'll notice there are pile drivers that can do the same work as a drill rig.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back