Toronto Emerald City Phases 1 to 3 including Dream Tower | ?m | 36s | Almadev | WZMH

Looks like a BAEUR drill rig from ANCHOR Shoring to me. Augers, Pile Drivers, Drill Rigs - same family. Look around GOOGLE and you'll notice there are pile drivers that can do the same work as a drill rig.

Agreed same basic family of equipment, but depending on the attachments, quite different ways of working. In this case, the augers on the two units, along with the tubular pipe sections shown in the picture, indicate shoring activity, as opposed to pile driving....

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed same basic family of equipment, but depending on the attachments, quite different ways of working. In this case, the augers on the two units, along with the tubular pipe sections shown in the picture, indicate shoring activity, as opposed to pile driving....

Thanks for clearing that up. I think a lot of us need a lesson in construction at times, so it's good to have people on this forum, such as yourself, that can shed some light on the process and the equipment used. Drill rig it is :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for clearing that up. I think a lot of us need a lesson in construction at times, so it's good to have people on this forum, such as yourself, that can shed some light on the process and the equipment used. Drill rig it is :)

Why is it taking so long for them to finish the drilling man? I wanna see more actions!

Why is it taking so long for them to finish the drilling man? I wanna see more actions!

It's a rather large site, so I suspect the drilling will take months. It could take 3 months or more of drilling at times before anything happens. Looking at the photos, it seems they have been drilling on the North end of the site. I can't see any steel beams anywhere else along the perimeter. I am not sure if they will be drilling the entire perimeter of the site or only where the first phase will be under construction. If they are drilling the entire perimeter, I suspect it will take a few more months. Can anyone else shed some light?

Sorry, I can't shed any light on the construction schedule, but I can shed light on a whole pile of renderings for Emerald City that have never been seen on UrbanToronto until now: check out our new dataBase entry for Emerald City here!

In terms of activity, dump trucks have been at the site pretty much every day this week, as they continue to dig downwards.

Emerald city 2 is slated for 2014 I believe. Same with Yorkland and Tango just west and east of thus project. I think Yorkland hole is done. Tango hole is almost done. Emerald city 2 digging just started. Overall., this place is in line with rest of the 2014 condos.

I am guessing that it will have a "Forest Manor Road" address given the main driveway will be access from this street ?

Our story is up on the front page here, and the expanded dataBase listing is here.

Taken today: Some progress has been made. I said "some". :)

emerald-city-31-08-2011-1.jpg

emerald-city-31-08-2011-2.jpg

pano-emarld-city-31-08-2011.jpg

Last edited:
second picture above. why are there no piles along the eastern edge? can they build with out piling?

Back