Toronto Elektra Condos | 133.5m | 42s | Menkes | Giannone Petricone

Given what's going on across the street with Menkes' godawful "in.DE," I'm not very hopeful about this, to say the least.

I can imagine that Filmores will likely stay open for around another 2-4 years. Which is generally pretty standard time frame for a redevelopment like this to occur. I don't expect Menkes to submit an application for maybe a year or two, and from there go through its approval process.

From Buzz Buzz. Guessing this is GPA based on both the design similarities to some of their recent tower proposals and their partnership with Menkes on the Sherbourne project.

1584116413185.png

Why can't they simply renovate/update the existing Fillmore structure and build on the adjacent parking lot rather than add on the top? Aside from maximizing profit of course.

Not bad, but needs some refinement- though it's still likely in its early stages.

Agreed. This is an issue with most new + heritage developments. How do you avoid going too dull so as to retain the charm of the original building, but not so dull in that it becomes a crappy background building.

Why can't they simply renovate/update the existing Fillmore structure and build on the adjacent parking lot rather than add on the top? Aside from maximizing profit of course.
Indeed, why can't they simply renovate/update the existing Fillmore structure and build a beautiful garden with waterfalls on the adjacent parking lot rather than add on the top? Aside from maximizing profit of course.

Indeed, why can't they simply renovate/update the existing Fillmore structure and build a beautiful garden with waterfalls on the adjacent parking lot rather than add on the top? Aside from maximizing profit of course.
Because i don't think that anyone in their right mind would pay a whopping $31.5 million dollars for that space to do that?

It seems that some valid comments here are mocked just for the fun of it. I get it. However there are many on this site that 'freak out' when façadism is proposed when there is a valid option as there is at this site. The comment mocking my option/opinion is childish and ridiculous.

It seems that some valid comments here are mocked just for the fun of it. I get it. However there are many on this site that 'freak out' when façadism is proposed when there is a valid option as there is at this site. The comment mocking my option/opinion is childish and ridiculous.
If you are referring to my comment above, it was NOT mocking of your opinion but actually agreeing with your statement/comment. "Aside from maximizing profit of course. " Maximizing the profit is what companies do (or try to do) so we must expect them to come up with proposals that extract the last drop of it from every site. Unfortunate? Yes. Unexpected? No.

Back