News   Jun 28, 2024
 3.4K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 625     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

The bogies (where the wheels are) can be changed to fit the gauges. Like when the TTC got its used PCC streetcars, they changed the gauges.

Yes but I’m worried that the TTC won’t even pantograph the PCCs for future compatibility with the new overhead, let alone re-gauge them for line 5. Also issues of PCCs only having doors on one side, versus Line 5 with having boarding on both sides.

Nice idea, but they are different gauges.
As many have said before the ttc/metrolinx need a fresh start and outlook towards the future. They've been promoting lrt for the last decade so to have a devisive historic streetcar converted to run on the line is just optically and politically suicidal. The last thing they need is to reignite a highly contentious debate by associating this to streetcars

As many have said before the ttc/metrolinx need a fresh start and outlook towards the future. They've been promoting lrt for the last decade so to have a devisive historic streetcar converted to run on the line is just optically and politically suicidal. The last thing they need is to reignite a highly contentious debate by associating this to streetcars

Alternately we can modify a Crosstown Freedom LRV to run on the 509, 510, and 512. That way officials can say: 'see, those lines have been LRT since the 80s, 90s, and 00s and people forgot or didn't notice'. Cuz I think they're very much LRT, and were originally advertised as such. It could serve as a reminder.

Alternately we can modify a Crosstown Freedom LRV to run on the 509, 510, and 512. That way officials can say: 'see, those lines have been LRT since the 80s, 90s, and 00s and people forgot or didn't notice'. Cuz I think they're very much LRT, and were originally advertised as such. It could serve as a reminder.

Those streetcar lines have way too many stops and little signal priority to make them comparable to LRT service.

Back