News   Jun 28, 2024
 4.2K     5 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 667     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

All they have to do is prioritize transit some of the time, then eventually prioritize it over a period of time even more. This way, the car-driving snowflakes don't notice that traffic isn't that much worse with better streetcar service.

They feel the cars are too important and drivers will be confused if they had a transit priority phase.

Detailed presentation here on the agenda for the Metrolinx Oct 22nd Board meeting. The presentation details the work that will happen at Eglinton Station. I might have this wrong but it looks like they need to jack up the subway tunnel a few millimeters?

Detailed presentation here on the agenda for the Metrolinx Oct 22nd Board meeting. The presentation details the work that will happen at Eglinton Station. I might have this wrong but it looks like they need to jack up the subway tunnel a few millimeters?

Doesn't look like they are jacking it up by a few millimeters - but doing it to ensure the tunnel doesn't settle beyond tolerance as they excavate and build underneath.

AoD

Not much tbh.... the ctrain is like our streetcars so the risks of fatalities is pretty much the same for this incident. unfortunately in this case the 2 victims were just at the wrong place at the wrong time or from negligence such as jay walking.
at least for the ect, the majority of the line is either grade separated or segrated row so at least 99% of the pedestrians can clue in that they shouldnt be there.

Very sad.

And sad this has to be questioned. LRT as well as bicycle lane implementation "experts" and political supporters have staunchly defended against many design flaws which impact efficiency and more important safety. Separation being a big one in terms of both safety and efficiency. We can do much better

Yes, let's slow down vehicular traffic - given accidents involving them constitute the greatest majority of transportation-related fatalities. Crickets.

AoD

Last edited:
Yes, let's slow down vehicular traffic - given accidents involving them constitute the greatest majority of transportation-related fatalities. Crickets.

AoD

I agree for the most part. Common sense design for new builds or enhancements shouldn't be isolated to any one specific form of transit. Although with the LRT there was a lot being ignored.

I agree for the most part. Common sense design for new builds or enhancements shouldn't be isolated to any one specific form of transit. Although with the LRT there was a lot being ignored.

You just gave me a bunch of platitudes - we both know that this accident is peanuts relative to safety issues around vehicular traffic - it is making a mountain out of a molehill, like the "will you please think of the children" BS.

AoD

Last edited:
You just gave me a bunch of platitudes - we both know that this accident is peanuts relative to safety issues around vehicular traffic - it is making a mountain out of a molehill, like the "will you please think of the children" BS.

Please don't get at me as though I'm against improving automobile safety. That can be addressed on its own. I likely agree with you on many parts there to begin with us making your own mountain.

The point is we certainty can implement LRT in a safer manner. I'd hope that's obvious. And not only safer it would become more effecient for its own passengers and automobile users. So the benefit is greater than just safety.

Last edited:

Back