News   Jun 24, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 908     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 569     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

In all fairness though, someone trying to get to Cardiff or Rumsey deep in the midblocks between Mt Pleasant, Bayview and Laird will want their bus service kept. This is why the Transit City model of major-minor stoppage is so flawed. It even creates stops *cough* Aga Khan *cough* where the 34 presently doesn't even stop.

Attachments

• Stops.png
    Stops.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 233
In all fairness though, someone trying to get to Cardiff or Rumsey deep in the midblocks between Mt Pleasant, Bayview and Laird will want their bus service kept.
That is about the only exception. So extend the 103 Mount Pleasant North along Eglinton from Mount Pleasant to Laird, and combine it with the 56 Leaside.

This is why the Transit City model of major-minor stoppage is so flawed. It even creates stops *cough* Aga Khan *cough* where the 34 presently doesn't even stop.
There is the 34 stop at the traffic light on Eglinton East on the west side of the DVP - and the pathway from the Aga Khan centre to that intersection. Though I agree it seems excessive.

I think Line 1 will be longer, but more people will ride the Crosstown for longer. Only railheads take Line 1 all the way around, whereas I can see a few more people in the east attracted by a single ride directly to the airport, no trip to downtown required.

That is about the only exception. So extend the 103 Mount Pleasant North along Eglinton from Mount Pleasant to Laird, and combine it with the 56 Leaside.
That is an interesting route configuration.

I still wish for a frequent express Mt. Pleasant-Jarvis bus. I would probably transfer on to that rather than the Yonge subway if heading downtown. It would be quicker and less congested.

In all fairness though, someone trying to get to Cardiff or Rumsey deep in the midblocks between Mt Pleasant, Bayview and Laird will want their bus service kept. This is why the Transit City model of major-minor stoppage is so flawed. It even creates stops *cough* Aga Khan *cough* where the 34 presently doesn't even stop.

Those areas are only about 5 min walk from the nearest station (Mt Pleasant, Bayview, Laird)

Those areas are only about 5 min walk from the nearest station (Mt Pleasant, Bayview, Laird)

The latest plan I've heard at Crosstown open houses is that the Leaside 56 and Leslie 51 will be combined to run from Donlands station up to Steeles. The Flemingdon Park 100 and the Lawrence East 54 will terminate at Science Centre station and there WILL BE an Eglinton 34 (no longer Eglinton EAST) running from Mount Dennis station in the west to Science Centre station at Don Mills Rd. This will mirror the underground portion of the Crosstown but will be of limited frequency, similar to the Yonge 97 bus.

Last edited:

Back