45     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 241     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 996     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

It's official:
eglintonlrt-map-final-jan2016.png

From: http://thecrosstown.ca/news-media/w...ical-tests-scheduled-for-the-future-caledonia
why doesn't their communication names match the map of the line and those names?

I think in time Keelsedale, Fairbank, Cerdarville will become colloquial.

I agree. We may have been a bit anal with the quest for wayfinding purity.

Using district names may force us to learn some new geography, but with time that will feel natural. I never heard the terms "Distillery District" "Liberty Village" or "Corktown" until pretty recently. 'Dufferin Bloor" "Dufferin Eglinton" and Dufferin Finch" doesn't help me know my city.

Besides, Mr Silverthorne deserved more profile. Hakimi and Lebovic, not so much.

- Paul

Can someone remind me: what was the aversion towards hyphenated names and orientation? Why rename Eglinton West Stn?

Can someone remind me: what was the aversion towards hyphenated names and orientation? Why rename Eglinton West Stn?

I think it was a big mistake to name stops after communities or landmarks where no conflict with pre-existing stations existed. Allen Stn would have been just fine.

Trethewey Keele Street

would have been just perfect too. I wonder if they'll rename Eglinton Square to O'Connor such that at least that street reaches Eglinton in order to justify that name choice for the Victoria Park stop?

And with a DRL what would they call a station that stops at O'Connor south of Eglinton....

It would have been better to only give names to stops that are actually stations. In the middle of the road they could have just called it the street it stops at like on streetcars.

And with a DRL what would they call a station that stops at O'Connor south of Eglinton....

It would have been better to only give names to stops that are actually stations. In the middle of the road they could have just called it the street it stops at like on streetcars.

I wouldn't worry about that. Cosburn is a better stop than O'Connor if the DRL follows a Pape or Donlands alignment anyway.

With all the construction and terrible traffic going on at Eglinton, I think it would be wise if the TTC reroutes the Lawrence East bus so that it avoids Eglinton entirely. Have it go to Lawrence station until the Crosstown is complete.

Screen shot 2016-01-19 at 12.37.33 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-01-19 at 12.37.33 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-01-19 at 12.37.33 PM.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 845
I don't think residents of the bridle path would support that at all. Can you imagine the number of buses that would be redirected through their neighbourhood under that plan?

York Mills may be a better alternative though.

That's just asking for trouble. The Bridle Path doesn't need that kind of service nor do that neighbourhood want to see all those diesel buses there. They might as well cut the route to Leslie/Lawerence or reroute it to Don Mills/Eglinton. It would operate like that in the future. Ridership for 54 is concentrated on Lawrence itself. Most riders don't travel from Eglinton Station to get to Lawrence Av East.

Back