News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 999     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 371     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

84367_0_500x200.png

Yup. once the crosstown is built there will be about 27km of bike lanes along Eglinton, running from Scarborough to Mississauga.

I'm guessing the (York and Kay Gardner) Beltline Trail doesn't count, because of the Allen Road barrier?

1*CAkfKr0VO7FBn2pg4L2xwA.png

I don't see any guarantees that the Eglinton Connects project gets off the ground. It's not funded as far as I understand and it was Keesmats idea and she is leaving. The next planner may likely be more conservative and may not fight hard for it. It also depends who is mayor in the next term. A left wing mayor would be helpful or even Tory maybe ok. With Ford as mayor you can bet no bike lanes will ever be built on Eglinton.

It does have funding for the areas above the stations - Metrolinx has agreed to restore the street to the Eglinton Connects design. The city just needs funding to fill in the blanks - which I suspect won't be too hard.

Because Eglinton is slated to have bike lanes between Mt. Dennis and Kennedy? It makes sense to extend them into Etobicoke.

I think it is time for this map to be posted again.

View attachment 121362

Scarborough is big. The stop spacing is fine.

(Unless you are referring to the stretch between Don Mills and Victoria Park, I too would remove one of Ferrand / Wynford)
Isn't the stop spacing smaller than the TTC Express bus its replacing?

EDIT: Looks like the LRT does have more stops for some reason. Meh, not a big deal.

I don't see any guarantees that the Eglinton Connects project gets off the ground. It's not funded as far as I understand and it was Keesmats idea and she is leaving. The next planner may likely be more conservative and may not fight hard for it. It also depends who is mayor in the next term. A left wing mayor would be helpful or even Tory maybe ok. With Ford as mayor you can bet no bike lanes will ever be built on Eglinton.

Tory campaigned on cancelling Eglinton Connects and bravery defending auto drivers.

Tory didn't campaign on cancelling it - just modifying the central section so that it maintained 4 lanes - which he didn't end up doing anyway.

Back