News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 950     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

IIRC it's already received a big chunk through Trudeau's and Wynne's cycling infrastructure funds.

There is a ridiculous amount of money flowing out of the province and feds for active transportation infrastructure right now. Most of it getting spent on studies this year, but it will shift into construction in the next few.

$150 million is a big chunk, but not too big in the grand scheme of things.

Eglinton Connects is the price of 1,000 Ducks

MAR13_BIG_DUCK_POST01.jpg

IIRC it's already received a big chunk through Trudeau's and Wynne's cycling infrastructure funds.

There is a ridiculous amount of money flowing out of the province and feds for active transportation infrastructure right now. Most of it getting spent on studies this year, but it will shift into construction in the next few.

Yep, and Keesmaat recently confirmed that some combo of the fed/prov money is secured to complete Connects. Hope that's true and that it survives a DoFo mayoral campaign.

I'd rather the bike lanes. The more lanes the more safe people feel, the more bikers it will create especially with people getting their drivers license later and later

Because Eglinton is slated to have bike lanes between Mt. Dennis and Kennedy? It makes sense to extend them into Etobicoke.

I think it is time for this map to be posted again.

View attachment 121362

Scarborough is big. The stop spacing is fine.

(Unless you are referring to the stretch between Don Mills and Victoria Park, I too would remove one of Ferrand / Wynford)

Any word on when we'll be getting an update on the Eglinton East LRT planning process? In particular if there are going to be any design optimizations from the EA design?

My two-cents regarding optimization is that Falmouth Sation should be removed. That station has the shortest spacing on the network, with only 415 metres separating it from McCowan Station. However, it also generates virtually zero demand, if you look at the 2041 ridership estimates.

Commuters with destinations on Famouth would have another 400 metres to walk, but I believe their increased commute times will be offset by the decreased travel time for the tens of thousands of riders not using that station

MWQs28A.png

Any word on when we'll be getting an update on the Eglinton East LRT planning process? In particular if there are going to be any design optimizations from the EA design?

My two-cents regarding optimization is that Falmouth Sation should be removed. That station has the shortest spacing on the network, with only 415 metres separating it from McCowan Station. However, it also generates virtually zero demand, if you look at the 2041 ridership estimates.

Commuters with destinations on Famouth would have another 400 metres to walk, but I believe their increased commute times will be offset by the decreased travel time for the tens of thousands of riders not using that station

MWQs28A.png
Since this is a Toronto Project now, it may show up in TTC 2018 Budget at next week meeting. Expect a number of big price tags items to show up as well.

The question is, who is paying for the extra cars that will be needed for both extension since they were in Metrolinx order to BBD in the first place?? Are they still in their order to BBD???

I'd rather the bike lanes. The more lanes the more safe people feel, the more bikers it will create especially with people getting their drivers license later and later
I'm still not convinced that adding bike lanes to every street will encourage pole to ride bikes everywhere in the city. Short distances maybe but I don't see someone commuting to an office downtown on one.

On my daily run I am amazed at how many people bike from north of St clair on russel hill to downtown. Eglinton is this weird border of the city. South of eglinton many of the houses are from the early 1920s and north of eglinton more like 1950s. So it's on average quite a bit more dense south of eglinton. Which to me means that there are more people to potentially use a route here and there will be more people added with the lrt condo developments. I regularly bike across eglinton and down to bloor. People do it, they just risk their lives doing it without bike lanes. Just as I am sure others would do it if they didn't feel their life was in danger.

I'm still not convinced that adding bike lanes to every street will encourage pole to ride bikes everywhere in the city. Short distances maybe but I don't see someone commuting to an office downtown on one.

We have one person in the office current that rides down from Eglinton. In the past we had others that came as far away as Old Mill. It certainly happens. Not as far as it may seem.

On my daily run I am amazed at how many people bike from north of St clair on russel hill to downtown. Eglinton is this weird border of the city. South of eglinton many of the houses are from the early 1920s and north of eglinton more like 1950s. So it's on average quite a bit more dense south of eglinton. Which to me means that there are more people to potentially use a route here and there will be more people added with the lrt condo developments. I regularly bike across eglinton and down to bloor. People do it, they just risk their lives doing it without bike lanes. Just as I am sure others would do it if they didn't feel their life was in danger.

The "hill" in "Russel Hill" is because there is a "hill", the Davenport escarpment. To those complaining about the "hill" on Woodbine Avenue is not good for bicycling, why are there "many" people bicycling on Russel Hill?

The "hill" in "Russel Hill" is because there is a "hill", the Davenport escarpment. To those complaining about the "hill" on Woodbine Avenue is not good for bicycling, why are there "many" people bicycling on Russel Hill?
Very little traffic, wide and well-paved street, somewhat picturesque between the fancy houses and cars and mature trees.

The hill has a relatively smooth change of elevation. I have much more trouble going up Yonge Street between Summerhill and Davisville than on Russell Hill personally.

We have one person in the office current that rides down from Eglinton. In the past we had others that came as far away as Old Mill. It certainly happens. Not as far as it may seem.

It takes me 15 minutes less Biking from Eglinton to Bathurst/King than it takes by Transit. The ride back though....sucks

Back