News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Can someone provide me a quick run down of how the Scarborough Subway Extension impacts both the current Eglinton LRT construction and future LRT phases?

^it doesn't?

The only way it impacted it was by making the project slightly cheaper as the changes at Kennedy Station are less extensive with the subway option over the SLRT.

If anything the subway has brought the Eglinton East LRT back on the political radar, to the point it may actually get built now.

From link:

Tele Town Hall, Jane to Bathurst.

The Crosstown’s Communications & Community Relations Team is pleased to be hosting four upcoming tele town halls. These tele town halls will complement a series of upcoming station open houses planned in coordination with Crosslinx Transit Solutions (CTS). Tele town halls are live and interactive phone meetings – very similar to a radio call-in show. The Crosstown’s upcoming tele town halls will provide residents along the Eglinton corridor an opportunity to ask our project team whatever’s on your mind.

On Tuesday, April 4, 2017, residents in the western section of the Eglinton Crosstown corridor (from Jane to Bathurst) will have the opportunity to join in a live and interactive Crosstown conversation. If you live in this area, we will be calling you, and if you’d like to participate or listen in, all you have to do is stay on the line when we call.

If you are interested in participating, but don’t have a landline, you can still join. You can connect to the call from your cellular phone by dialing 1-877-229-8493, ID Code: 112697 at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 4. Alternatively, you can tune into The Crosstown Facebook page, and we will have a link to a web audio stream.​

BREAKING NEWS!

"Trump announces that as soon as he's done bringing coal jobs back, he plans to get Kodak workers back to manufacturing and developing film." Kodak wants their Canadian factory back.
20090702-Kodak1930.jpg

il_fullxfull.304227726.jpg

No more fake film!

Remember this date, April 1st, April Fools' Day. :D

Since we're now stuck with the maintenance fees and we operate it, should be red
But wouldn't it be extremely hard to differentiate a Flexity Freedom from a Flexity Outlook if they have the same colour scheme? I know there are significant usability differences, but to some who who doesn't pay attention, they would think they were both the same vehicle.

But wouldn't it be extremely hard to differentiate a Flexity Freedom from a Flexity Outlook if they have the same colour scheme? I know there are significant usability differences, but to some who who doesn't pay attention, they would think they were both the same vehicle.
I don't think the general public will relly notice the difference in the two and they will probably think it's just part of the streetcar network.

Why do we care so much about making sure people makes the difference between LRT and streetcars?

Lots of people on this forum laughed with great arrogance at citizens who dare call LRT...streetcars. Funny

I don't think the general public will relly notice the difference in the two and they will probably think it's just part of the streetcar network.
On the contrary, I think the general public will need as many differentiators as possible. For something as simple as where a vehicle is destined to go, you would be surprised with the number of people who enter a bus for example with the final destination sign clearly displayed and yet they will still ask "does this bus go Kennedy?".

Paint an LRV green and just watch the mass confusion that will ensue between the TTC's streetcars and the Metrolinx LRVs. Let's remember that many people in our society lack general common sense.

On the contrary, I think the general public will need as many differentiators as possible. For something as simple as where a vehicle is destined to go, you would be surprised with the number of people who enter a bus for example with the final destination sign clearly displayed and yet they will still ask "does this bus go Kennedy?".

Paint an LRV green and just watch the mass confusion that will ensue between the TTC's streetcars and the Metrolinx LRVs. Let's remember that many people in our society lack general common sense.

Lol...unbelievable...because bureaucrats never complicate things unnecessarily

Back