News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 458     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Here's something that confuses me: Why is Downsview -> Sheppard West while Eglinton West -> Cedarvale. I understand the confusion with Downsview Park, but why not be consistent?

Here's something that confuses me: Why is Downsview -> Sheppard West while Eglinton West -> Cedarvale. I understand the confusion with Downsview Park, but why not be consistent?
Ask the TTC commissioners, im sure they'll be able to answer for their stupidity.

i feel like this would make sense totally if eglinton was renamed eglinton-yonge because u dont want line 5 (eglinton line) going into stations that are named after the street the line travels along. if this were my choice, i would have cedarvale (eglinton-allen isn't bad), sheppard west (avoid confusion with dowsview park) and eglinton-yonge. It makes no sense to newcomers that theyre riding the eglinton line and pull into a station called eglinton or eglinton west, they know theyre on eglinton but they have no clue what cross street theyre at.

Would it be unpopular to have Bathurst Station (Bloor), Bathurst North Station (Sheppard), Bathurst South Station (Queen), and Bathurst Mid Station (Eglinton). Or have obvious names like Bathurst-Sheppard, Bathurst-Eglinton, Bathurst-Bloor, and Bathurst-Queen. However, I feel like both of the previous examples won't be chosen and they'll go with unique names.

Would it be unpopular to have Bathurst Station (Bloor), Bathurst North Station (Sheppard), Bathurst South Station (Queen), and Bathurst Mid Station (Eglinton). Or have obvious names like Bathurst-Sheppard, Bathurst-Eglinton, Bathurst-Bloor, and Bathurst-Queen. However, I feel like both of the previous examples won't be chosen and they'll go with unique names.

Or Bathurst (Bloor), Earl Bales (Sheppard), Fort York (Queen) and Forest Hill (Eglinton).

Bathurst North for Sheppard actually isn't that bad as I highly doubt there'd be a future subway beyond that at Bathurst-Finch or Bathurst-Steeles.

Or Bathurst (Bloor), Earl Bales (Sheppard), Fort York (Queen) and Forest Hill (Eglinton).

Bathurst North for Sheppard actually isn't that bad as I highly doubt there'd be a future subway beyond that at Bathurst-Finch or Bathurst-Steeles.
The first part of you reply is the unique names thing I said is what they're probably going to use.

Remember that "Forest Hill" was the one name that got Metrolinx board members riled up?

Oh, priorities.

I think LA has better station names for their Metro system than we do. Many of them are the two cross-streets (Wilshire/Western; Wilshire/Vermont; Vermont/Beverly; Vermont/Sunset; Hollywood/Western; Hollywood/Vine). Many of them include the major points of interest (Union Station; Civic Center/Grand Park; Aviation/LAX; Expo Park/USC; Jefferson/USC; Grand/LATTC).

I think LA has better station names for their Metro system than we do. Many of them are the two cross-streets (Wilshire/Western; Wilshire/Vermont; Vermont/Beverly; Vermont/Sunset; Hollywood/Western; Hollywood/Vine). Many of them include the major points of interest (Union Station; Civic Center/Grand Park; Aviation/LAX; Expo Park/USC; Jefferson/USC; Grand/LATTC).

Aside from using slashes, which can be hard to read in certain font sizes and types, I agree. "Western-Wilshire" or "Western & Wilshire" would be perfect. For the record, I prefer putting the street name that the line is on/under last in the name, not first.

i think you should only resort to using north south east and west if all other options are taken, or if they propose naming bathurst-queen to something like "fort york/garrison park & museum village"

Odd too that such a debate would even be contentious considering the proximity of Old Forest Hill Rd, Forest Hill Library and Forest Hill Collegiate to Bathurst/Eglinton. You'd think "Forest Hill" would be a natural fit for such a station stop.
forest hill makes more sense at the chaplin stop but I still prefer the cross street names for station stops

Back