713     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Approximate remaining distance:

remaining.JPG

Attachments

• remaining.JPG
    remaining.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,106
Things are gonna get real interesting when those TBM's reach Yonge street.

And by interesting I mean nuts.

I thought the staging area is off to the side in the location of the old TTC bus bays? This should be fairly secluded from the traffic, or am I totally off base?

Do we know what the construction method will be for the underground sections at Don Mills and Kennedy?

Maybe the wrong thread for this, but I'd say Tory has accomplished a few things of note. I might not agree with it, but a definitive vote was taken on East Gardiner.
I don't get why this is a good idea. All I see is this will make Lake shore worse then it already is. It's not designed for the level of traffic that will use it if we get rid of the gardner or shorten it or whatever plan council comes up with next

The Scarborough RT replacement / subway extension / LRT plan has definitely come from his time in office.

All he's done is cobbled together the plans of Tory (the LRT) and Ford (The subway) all because he doesn't want the subway to get in the way of his precious cocktail napkin drawing of "smart track" more like Dumb track if you asks me.

I thought the staging area is off to the side in the location of the old TTC bus bays? This should be fairly secluded from the traffic, or am I totally off base?

Do we know what the construction method will be for the underground sections at Don Mills and Kennedy?
The western TBM's can be removed at the old bus bays. The eastern ones will have to be removed on the east side of Yonge. That will be the nuts part. As will the construction of the station.

Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at Monday Feb 1, 2016 12.29.59 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at Monday Feb 1, 2016 12.29.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at Monday Feb 1, 2016 12.29.59 PM.png
    795.9 KB · Views: 841
For those who don't know where Forest Hill was or is, here's a map of the old village:

ForestHillV.gif

So naming the Bathurst station on the Crosstown LRT after Forest Hill seems appropriate. Even if they had to annex the southwest corner at Bathurst & Eglinton away from the Township of York.

Last edited:
I assume this means no more Vitrolite in Toronto :(
It's going to be a very sad day when they start striping the vitrolite panels out. Theoretically, i'd say they should try and preserve and reinstall them, but we all know that there's at most a 5% chance they would actually go through with that. Not to mention the panels possibly might not be strong enough to survive that kind of process.

Back