News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

It's too bad they won't reconnect Vaughan Road up to the Dufferin-Eglinton intersection. That would make a great shortcut from Bathurst & St. Clair up to Dufferin...

It's too bad they won't reconnect Vaughan Road up to the Dufferin-Eglinton intersection. That would make a great shortcut from Bathurst & St. Clair up to Dufferin...

Yup. Right now between rush hours you cannot make a left on a street just north of Eglinton, To get onto Eglinton from Dufferin. I find myself having to travel south of Eglinton and then having to make a right hand turn on the first street just to make a U-turn to get back onto dufferin going north to eventually travel east on Eglinton just to get to Oakwood and then to Vaughan to get to St. Clair. (This all to avoid having to travel during rush hour on St Calir).

Why would right hand turns be banned?

I think its because it will be every awkward to make that right hand turn because Dufferin curves as it reaches Eglinton. That's why now there is that island and prior to the LRT construction you would get on the right side of the island to make a right turn onto Eglinton.

I think its because it will be every awkward to make that right hand turn because Dufferin curves as it reaches Eglinton. That's why now there is that island and prior to the LRT construction you would get on the right side of the island to make a right turn onto Eglinton.
That is what I have thought exactly.

I can understand no right hand turns downtown but Eglinton? That would be insane. As it is now, there is no left hand turn onto Eginton either.

According to the latest newsletter:

Dennis, the first tunnel boring machine, is located at Park Hill Road, and has reached the wall of Launch Shaft 1, while Lea, the second one, is just east of Marlee Avenue under Eglinton Avenue. Lea is stopped for planned maintenance.
image001.jpg

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 902
From twitter:
Crosstown ‏@CrosstownTO 1m1 minute ago

Happy news! TBM2 (Lea) has caught up to TBM 1 (Dennis). They are now both at Allen Road! Phase 1 tunnelling complete!
B3izeZlCQAAbLVx.jpg

Attachments

• B3izeZlCQAAbLVx.jpg
    B3izeZlCQAAbLVx.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 702
Both Tunnel Boring Machines (Dennis & Lea) to break through the headwall at Allen in
late January 2015 with continuation of tunnelling toward Yonge Street expected in
March 2015
http://www.metrolinx.com/en/docs/pd..._BoardMtg_Progress_on_Capital_Projects_EN.pdf

Also in that PDF, Tunneling to be complete by december 2016, with the east bore finishing before the west bore. AFP contractor will begin work early 2017, project delivery late 2020. East tunnelling will begin spring 2015.

AFP contract set to be awarded mid 2015. maintenance done by AFP, TTC will operate trains under contract. Looks like the province wants to pay for operations, how nice of them.

Last edited:

Back