News   Jul 16, 2024
 323     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 428     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I actually would think that Eglinton Connects would make it safer for pedestrians, since there are bike lanes between the road and the sidewalks for example.

Yes Laird to Bayview will go from 4 car lanes + 1 HOV bus lane to 4 car lanes + bike lanes.

Detailed map here:
http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=44ae86664ea71410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

Me too, but most people don't care to learn what Eglinton Connects is, and our media allows our mayor to blast lies about it on tv.

I'm not surprised. Yesterday a 7-year old girl was struck and killed at the intersection of Millwood and McRae. Residents were saying it happened because of increased traffic on those streets from people trying to avoid Eglinton due to construction congestion.

Eglinton between Bayview and Laird isn't even going to have reduced lanes, is it? IIRC the report found that Eglinton along this portion was too skinny as is so Connects calls for killing off just the bus lanes for extended sidewalks and (on sidewalk) bike lanes.

I hope people aren't going to say that they don't want lane reductions on Eglinton because that will lead to more people driving on side streets and killing children :/

Wow, that is progress!

We'll probably be stuck at Dufferin for a little while but things are progressing well. Will these TBMs go to digging the portion between Allen and Yonge or straight to Brentcliffe to begin that portion?

Wow, that is progress!

We'll probably be stuck at Dufferin for a little while but things are progressing well. Will these TBMs go to digging the portion between Allen and Yonge or straight to Brentcliffe to begin that portion?

The former. Two other TBMs are digging east toward Yonge.

My problem is that the people have caused a non crisis again, just like with Transit City: nobody has a problem with a project, and then someone (Ford, disgruntled residents) start yelling in the camera, and then everyone thinks it's a major problem. The whole point of Eglinton Connects is to make Eglinton look nice, that's all.

Back