News   Jul 16, 2024
 174     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 471     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 589     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Nope, just completely ignorant of the process...

So to be clear, the lanes on Eglinton will be closed down in order to build the launch shaft, sometime in the coming weeks? It takes over a year to built a launch shaft?

From what I recall, the Black Creek launch shaft started construction in late 2011, and tunnelling didn't start until summer 2013. However I think they started tunnelling later than was originally scheduled (I think it was supposed to start late 2012).

Anyways, yes it can take a year or more to construct the launch shaft lol.

At least we can check the tunnelling progress now that the first two TBMs are digging. Now that the Spadina extension is done tunnelling there doesn't seem to be as much news to follow on that line.

At least the Eglinton Crosstown LRT tracker makes much more frequent updates than the Spadina extension tracker; the former updates itself one to two weeks, while the latter updates itself every few months.

When do you start your job as TBM updater? :)

I wish. I will receive my GIS certificate on June.

UT should hire you as our TBM updater tracker. Keep us informed of the the TBM updater is updated ;)

UT should hire you as our TBM updater tracker. Keep us informed of the the TBM updater is updated ;)

Been noticing surveyors on Eglinton W. at Gabian Way at night for the past couple of weeks. Would have thought they moved further east by now, if they are tracking & following the TBM under them.

The tracker map must have been updated today by a manager and not the student. It shows the tracker made a right turn south on Keele Street, but the pins are still on Eglinton. Hopefully, the student will have a free period to correct it.

The map must be indicating that the tunnel caved in all the way back to Keele. Months of work lost!

Anyone know when the surface contract will be handed out? Hudak will probably cancel it if he wins office and it hasn't been awarded yet.

http://www.thecrosstown.ca/get-involved/upcoming-events
Two events next week. They seem mostly to be for Q&A, no presentation, so I probably won't go.

However you can bring up your urgent issues directly with them, like:
-trying to make elevated east side happen
-south side alignment at Leslie
-DRL connection at Don Mills
-stop spacing
-increasing TBM tracker updating frequency to higher than once a week
-whether Johnny Au can be hired as TBM updater
-why the tunnel has caved back in

Back