News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 395     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Parallel bus service along that section of Eglinton cannot be reliable, due to congestion at the peak hours and even shoulder hours.

For that reason, I'd rather build Oakwood station; so the residents don't have to rely on any bus.

Parallel bus service along that section of Eglinton cannot be reliable, due to congestion at the peak hours and even shoulder hours.

For that reason, I'd rather build Oakwood station; so the residents don't have to rely on any bus.

Ill assume chaplain cresent will be eliminated as well... SAD :(

Modified LRT master agreement puts Oakwood station on the map: Colle

From insidetoronto.com at this link:

York Guardian by Rahul Gupta

A portion of a master agreement between the TTC and Metrolinx for the operation of four future light rail transit lines in Toronto has been modified following “high level†discussions, a city councillor confirmed Friday, Oct. 26.

Josh Colle, who is also a member of the TTC board of commissioners, said the discussions have led to changes in the scope of Metrolinx’s power to add or remove stations from the projects after city councillors raised concerns. See our earlier story at www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/13...city-could-change-future-of-light-rail-lines/

The agreement, which covers the TTC’s role in operating the LRT lines, which are owned by the provincial government and whose construction will be co-ordinated by Metrolinx, is scheduled to be debated next week at city council

“This is their commitment (to modify the master agreement),†said Colle, who represents the ward of Eglinton-Lawrence.

Colle also said the changes to the agreement mean an LRT station will be constructed at Oakwood Avenue if the agreement is ratified by council.

“I’m obviously thrilled and the community is going to be very excited,†said Colle. “We’ve got to get this master agreement ratified at council next week because that’s what locks it in.â€

Provincial Minister of Transportation Bob Chiarelli also indicated Friday in a tweet directed at Toronto Community News’ TOinTransit and Colle that an Oakwood stop on the Crosstown LRT is confirmed.

“@OntLiberal plan = we stop at Oakwood! Master Agreement makes that crystal clear. @JoshColle @TOinTransit,†tweeted the minister.

The minister declined to comment in depth on the matter but did respond briefly via email. “I’m committed to a stop at Oakwood. We’ll do the work we need to do to make it happen,†said an email sent from David Salter, press secretary for Chiarelli, to Toronto Community News on behalf of the minister Friday.

Colle said the decision to include the Oakwood stop was “historic†for the area and was planning an event early next week in the neighbourhood.

Metrolinx officials could not be reached for comment.

Chaplin station is less likely to be eliminated, because that location needs to be cut open for construction anyway.

ALL the stations will be cut-and-cover (after the TBM cuts through, except for Eglinton West/Allen Road and Yonge, which will be cut-and-cover only). The presentation for Chaplin station can be downloaded in PDF form from this link.

ALL the stations will be cut-and-cover (after the TBM cuts through, except for Eglinton West/Allen Road and Yonge, which will be cut-and-cover only). The presentation for Chaplin station can be downloaded in PDF form from this link.

That's right. But I read somewhere that there exists a particular reason to connect the tunnel to the surface near Chaplin, whether a station is built or not; something that has to do with the vertical profiles.

And due to that, the marginal cost of actually adding a station is lower.

Is the 10.5m dimension the diameter?

I wouldn't think that they are quite that wide, but the diameter of the cutting face is the only measurement on the TBMs that would be close to that particular number.

Once you factor in the thickness of the tunnel liners and grout, the inside diameter of the finished tunnel is somewhat less than that.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

10.5 m isn't the diameter. That would be big! I believe the outside diameter is 6.7 m and the internal diameter is 5.75 m - though that's not from authoritative sources - but it would certainly be close.

10.5 m isn't the diameter. That would be big! I believe the outside diameter is 6.7 m and the internal diameter is 5.75 m - though that's not from authoritative sources - but it would certainly be close.

6.7m is the inside diameter of the tunnels. The outside is considerably wider than that, seeing as how the tunnel liners are about 20in thick each, but still, 10.5m does seem much too wide.

But it's certainly not length either. The machines are several hundred feet long.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

6.7m is the inside diameter of the tunnels. The outside is considerably wider than that, seeing as how the tunnel liners are about 20in thick each, but still, 10.5m does seem much too wide.

But it's certainly not length either. The machines are several hundred feet long.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

What I found from the TTC websit is the diameter is 6.7m (http://www.ttc.ca/News/2011/June/06_lrt_office.jsp)
For the Spadina Subway, the diameter is 6.134m (20ft) (http://tunnellingjournal.com/news/holey-breaks-through-on-spadina/)

nfitz is correct. Still do not know what the 10.5m is - maybe the length of the TBM head.

The Caledonia station is NOT located at Caledonia Road. The Caledonia station is located between the entrance ramps to the Westside Shopping Centre and just west of the railway overpass, about three blocks west of Caledonia. The bus loop would be at Croham Road (east of the railway) for the 47B & 47C Lansdowne buses, which BOTH northbound and southbound buses would use and travel along Eglinton Avenue West, to reach. The main entrance would be at Croham Road and a secondary entrance at Westside Shopping Centre.

You can download the Caledonia presentation in PDF form from this link.

Then why call the station caledonia if itdoes not stop at caledonia? Who makes these crazy decisions?

Back