News   May 10, 2024
 132     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 585     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 863     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Youtube doesn't put live streams in with regular videos now it has a separate tab for live videos
a couple of tidbits... Yonge/Eglinton station looks close to completion from their photo
also the TTC trainers are being trained now. wonder how long that will take and how long the actual operator trainer program will take.
Could this be the opening date announcement? The surface section of Line 5 would make for good photo ops (location is Scarborough).

Minister Sarkaria to Hold a Press Conference

or it could be an announcement of the commencement of further "studies" for ECT East lol

a couple of tidbits... Yonge/Eglinton station looks close to completion from their photo
also the TTC trainers are being trained now. wonder how long that will take and how long the actual operator trainer program will take.
When TTC announced the October/November TTC service increases a few weeks ago, they noted that they've pulled the plug on spending for the line until an opening date is set.

That Metrolinx says that training has begun, either is out-of-date, or TTC has now been given an opening date. Which could likely mean tomorrow presser is some kind of announcement.

Was at Sloane last week, chatted with a. worker who confirms the train the trainer program, things are going pretty well and just trying to iron out a few bugs for training and commissioning. Very good sign though to see Crosslinx and TTC employees working together. Make of that what you will.

Was around some of the new entrances at Yonge and Eglinton in the subway and Yonge and Eglinton place. To me, it feels a little ways off yet there, Not years or a anything but not weeks either.

I know that a little fence sitting of me.

or it could be an announcement of the commencement of further "studies" for ECT East lol
or the sheppard extension? they said they were going to start studies to extend it

Just got off of the dvp to eglinton....contractors were there and a lane was blocked off for them to park their cars...but guess what they were doing for work... sitting and chatting by the grass at 10am in their freakn lawn chairs!!!! Seriously WTF are we paying for.... if you want proof that this project has been mismanaged by all parties this is it...:mad:

edit: i get it if theres unforeseen delays but the fact they had LAWNCHAIRS in hand proves that they had planned for this....

Last edited:
Nothing so exciting, it seems.

Dan
"The government expects 19 train trips to be added specifically to the Stouffville line connecting Toronto to Markham once two-way, all-day service is offered. The province anticipates this will happen by 2031"

WTF.... EIGHT YEARS to improve service.... ILL BE OLD THEN!! what a shamefully low bar to set...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1694618124133.png

"The government expects 19 train trips to be added specifically to the Stouffville line connecting Toronto to Markham once two-way, all-day service is offered. The province anticipates this will happen by 2031"

WTF.... EIGHT YEARS to improve service.... ILL BE OLD THEN!! what a shamefully low bar to set...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
8 years is a really long time for transit unless you're talking about HS2 in the UK. Either 2031 or 2032 for increased service o_O.

8 years is a really long time for transit unless you're talking about HS2 in the UK. Either 2031 or 2032 for increased service o_O.

Well, Go Expansion is quite the big project. Not an expert so maybe they could do it in a faster time.

260 km of electrified rail. And electrification is quite the game changer, trains will be able to accelerate and decelerate much faster. Higher top speeds. Tripling of weekly trains.

Well, Go Expansion is quite the big project. Not an expert so maybe they could do it in a faster time.

260 km of electrified rail. And electrification is quite the game changer, trains will be able to accelerate and decelerate much faster. Higher top speeds. Tripling of weekly trains.
I tend to agree, I think Metrolinx has there work appropriately prioritized for GO expansion. There just isn’t enough demand to progress the Stouffville line at a rate higher than others. Hard for me to empathize as a former Lakeshore West rider, but I get the frustration. Maybe it’s best to blame our labour shortage.

I know it’s been a slow news day (week/month/year?) for the crosstown but I think any further comments should probably be filtered out towards the GO Service thread.

Ok i take it back, the Crosstown will probably open after both Finch West AND Hurontario at this point.

This project is an absolute clown show.
its a tremendous shame... the above grade section can be made ready to open in short order but is being held back to prop up verster's ego and agenda.
as soon as they discovered the underpinning problems they shouldve immediately shifted to a phased opening.

Back