News   May 17, 2024
 2.8K     5 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.9K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

If one postponed things like power washing because of a rain shower I can assure you it would never be done -
It's all scheduled in as a work order. They could care less if a storm came soon afterwards. That's contracting

It's all scheduled in as a work order. They could care less if a storm came soon afterwards. That's contracting
Well, yes. Murphy's law dictates that if they didn't do it because "ah, well, it's going to rain", it wouldn't rain. Weather is fickle. There's lots of times a forecast ends up being wrong. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If one postponed things like power washing because of a rain shower I can assure you it would never be done -
I'm not sure why that didn't clue in to me.
Much of Yonge street north of Eglinton, right to Roehampton is being repaved and rebuilt on the east side now, with the sidewalks out on the right side. Hopefully by the end of autumn that whole area will be mostly done with roadworks and utility replacement.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why that didn't clue in to me.
Much of Yonge street north of Eglinton, right to Roehampton is being repaved and rebuilt on the east side now, with the sidewalks out on the right side. Hopefully by the end of autumn that whole area will be mostly done with roadworks and utility replacement.
They are doing Yonge north now that will be follow by Yonge south that will ne done this year.

Still have to do Eglinton east/west that includes the Yonge intersection and that will not be done this year, Got to backfill the area first after the decking is remove and then do the concrete work before paving.

The tunnels maybe open by the end of the year.

Sooooo. We are at summers end... when will the infamous announcement take place as promised?
Verster is taking a play out of Del Duca's playbook, having an announcement for an announcement.

At this point i'm just expecting Finch will open before Eglinton.

Sooooo. We are at summers end... when will the infamous announcement take place as promised?
Labour Day is just the unofficial end of summer. The official end is the autumnal equinox, which is September 23rd this year. You'll have to keep waiting.

Verster is taking a play out of Del Duca's playbook, having an announcement for an announcement.

At this point i'm just expecting Finch will open before Eglinton.
The CEOs report at the Metrolinx Board Meeting last week included a statement that indicated they have agreed a set of tasks to complete the remaining work (testing, training and commissioning) with CTS, but that there are too many variables to commit to an exact opening date. The example they gave was that train-the-trainer for TTC driver training was meant to be happening now but CTS weren't able to field the full compliment of LRVs so that has been delayed, impacting the overall schedule.

I tried to locate this in the meeting video but it hasn't been posted on Youtube yet.

Was a date announced? I certainly didn’t hear one…

Verster mentioned that a high-risk issue to the schedule is the testing and commissioning. My guess is that they probably know the (likely conservative) date by now, but are preparing their communications strategy.

Are we still expecting the opening date announcement within 20 days?

End of Summer is Friday, September 22, 2023, and we are supposed to find out before that. I wonder whether Doug Ford and Justin Trudeau are going to make the announcement and make it a big hype deal or what exactly they have in store. Maybe Chow and Metrolinx n TTC CEO join too. Should be a star studded affair lol

Politicians are too risk averse to attend an announcement about the opening date of a line, just in case it changes - they much prefer to be there on opening day!

I'm still expecting Finch West to beat Crosstown to opening ... or even around the same time of year (spring 2024?)

Back