News   Jun 28, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 490     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I wonder when they intend to take down those ghastly verbose name placards from Sheppard West Station, already. I mean it's been two years since the change. The public knows by now.

TTC management being what it is, I'd bet a good chunk of money that those signs will still be there in 20 years.

1577542895849.png

Placing a copy here in case the Google search one disappears too.

I have bemoaned this before.

Way to go after 70 years of Toronto subway operations! We all know that the TTC iconography has interchange stations as white circles with rings around them. Here we have white circles with triangles indicating directions. Note that now with this convention, Mount Dennis requires adifferent icon than the rest because it’s the current terminus. Stops look different too. This is ugly and I’m in favour of sticking with ”the look”. But that would require fewer (and less expensive) graphic consultants. To add insult to injury, we paid for this crap.

Last edited:
Map is already misleading too. There's no way Caledonia GO station will open in 2021. Or even be built at all. They should remove the logo for the time being until built.

I think to differentiate LRT routes from subway lines the subway lines still be numbered but use letters for the LRT routes where most of them are on the road and are really enhanced local service as opposed to rapid transit.

Back