News   Jun 24, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 898     0 
News   Jun 24, 2024
 566     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

It did seem odd why no shots or mention of platform level. Though at 1:26 we get a shot of stairs and escalators which seem like they're going down to platform and appear far along.

Here on Kitchener's ION line it's the OMSF.

Boring when lots of opportunity for names. In a few years hopefully Dutton Hangar or something.

Just Metrolinx weirdness. Personally I just refer to Line 5 EMSF as "Mount Dennis Yard" and Finch MSF as "Finch Yard" and I would like to think that is what will become the colloquial terminology for the yards after they open.

You'd think the government would the name right...

Just Metrolinx weirdness. Personally I just refer to Line 5 EMSF as "Mount Dennis Yard" and Finch MSF as "Finch Yard" and I would like to think that is what will become the colloquial terminology for the yards after they open.
Personally I'd refer to them as carhouses because LRVs are similar enough to the Outlooks.
Here on Kitchener's ION line it's the OMSF.
Meh, we only have one storage facility. Eventually when the second one gets built, it might be renamed the Northfield OMSF, or Northfield Yard/Carhouse.

There's ATO in the EMSF and im sure there's ATO at Wilson yard so far.

The completion of ATC/ATO at Wilson Yard is the last step of the whole resignalling process of the YUS. Right now, there is ATC/ATO on the mainline, and from the build-ups to the mainline - but other than a test track at the north end, no where else in the yard.

Dan

I hate their deviation from TTC station interchange naming convention.

Not only that but they picked the wrong name of the two streets. This is on the Eglinton line so if you don't follow the interchange convention, the name chosen should be Yonge; the street that this stop on Eglinton intersects with.

Technically if you name this station "Eglinton", as in the name of the street that the line follows, every station on the line should be named Eglinton station.

Idiots.

I believe in this case they took the direction from the TTC. Since the station already exists and is called Eglinton, they simply stuck with the same name. I think this is the TTC policy going forward for inter-change stations, so it'll come up again with the Relief/Ontario Line, most notable at Queen.

Back