Toronto CN Tower: Entry Pavilion, Plaza, Renos | ?m | ?s | CLC | Arcadis

they should put a fountain head at the top that shoots straight up. we can have the world's tallest fountain!

**get your mind outta the gutter.**

but hey, can a stream of water count like a spire? maybe we can get the title back!

That sounds amazing. Well done guys. Well done. I'm sure this will attract many new tourists and i'm happy to see they are doing something to attract people to it again. First the lighting, then this, whats next? They should have some sort of bungie or that dropzone thing on the roof.

Indeed, I'm also glad they are continuing to find ways to attract tourists and locals.

In fact with this new glass elevator, I myself might go check it out when the weather warms up a bit.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_21190.aspx

If you have a fear of heights, don't look down. Of course, if you do suffer from acrophobia, chances are you won't be going to the top of the CN Tower anyway. But if you happen to venture to the top, you'll soon be able to see exactly where you've been.

Toronto's most famous symbol is getting set to launch the world's highest glass bottom elevator, in addition to the Tower's already well known clear side panel view to the heavens. It means those heading up to the top for a panoramic look will soon be able to not only see the city but glance down and take in - well, just how far they've come.

In case you're not certain the distance, try 346 metres or 1,136 feet. It's kind of a strange come-on for tourists and the locals - come and ride our elevator. But officials swear it will be a Towering achievement. "If you thought a ride aboard glass fronted elevators was special - wait until you experience this new elevator," boasts COO Jack Robinson in a statement.

It's made of the same thankfully unbreakable material as the glass floor and measures 2½ feet thick. So when can you ride this lift to the stars? It goes into operation April 9th at 11am and even if you're fighting the battle of the bulge, you can still get onboard.

Tower experts claim it can hold the weight of 14 hippos. But since they'd never be able to fit in the cage, there's plenty of room for everyone else.

So in other words it can hold a car full of greasy mobsters?

That sounds amazing. Well done guys. Well done. I'm sure this will attract many new tourists and i'm happy to see they are doing something to attract people to it again. First the lighting, then this, whats next? They should have some sort of bungie or that dropzone thing on the roof.

What they need to do more than anything is address the poor shape of the concrete.

And as to the lighting. Why don't they light the red ring on the observation deck anymore? That should be lit as well as the slanted metal section above the restaurant windows.

Speaking as someone who feels uncomfortable sitting in the front row of the balcony of Roy Thomson Hall, all I can say is ...

:eek:AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they can add a drop zone attraction down the sides giving people the option of either taking the elevator or dropping down the sides? This could fix the concrete problems. Just cover up the columns with the rides and you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

The healthy alternative would be to add the necessary "knobs" and create the world's tallest climbing wall.

Just sign this disclaimer... then go for it. If you get to the top, no charge admission.

And a free ride down in the glass-bottomed elevator... so you can see how close to death you came.

It sounds like an amazing addition to the tower...it's a shame I'll never ride it :eek: It sounds *so* *SO* *SO* scary.

The healthy alternative would be to add the necessary "knobs" and create the world's tallest climbing wall.

Just sign this disclaimer... then go for it. If you get to the top, no charge admission.

And a free ride down in the glass-bottomed elevator... so you can see how close to death you came.

Pitch that idea to Kyle Rae when you see him.

Rockefeller Centre's GE Building has a glass-ceilinged elevator...

DSCN2499.jpg

Back