Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

Great shots CSW. I'm looking and looking but I just can't figure out how all of those forms will give us a hat at the end of it all. Must be a real science to it.

July 19th Update

From Bay & St. Joseph, and Bay & Charles W. respectively.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

3733610582_e1e2cea02f_b.jpg

Hmm. It's been like this for more than a week. I'm beginning to think dventura and archetype are correct in their assessment that this is where the rim of the hat will rest. It just seems like the height between the 46th floor's ceiling and the rim of the hat should be considerably higher than the combined heights of the 45th and 46th floors.

i think the hat is the top floor right now, where the wooden rails are set up. from my interpretation of the renders, that is it.

I had a request fom Casaguy to retouch one the recent photos posted by MikeInTO. As I mentioned to him it was not one of the easiest images to work with, being hazy and low res. In any case here it is in colour... (I've also straightened the building)

3738572919_7e78a98b61_o.jpg

The surrounding buildings look like they have hepatitis (only joking!!!)

I did a couple of edits myself of the image for the hell of it.

mikeintoskylineedit.jpg

July 21 Update -

Does the hat look wider since last week? Maybe it's just me

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Actually it does look wider. Is the brim of the hat supposed to extend beyond the frame of the building? Wouldn't that present hazards such as icicles falling straight down onto the amenities level, for example?

Yes, the mitre-board does extend beyond the sides of the building, so, have a hard hat ready in the winter time!

Steel framework in front of the lobby

Has anyone seen the bulky, grey steel framework that's being erected in front of the lobby? Looks like some sort of structure to support the enormous glass facade. I was kind of expecting the glass facade to be frameless, or supported by something less bulky. It doesn't really look temporary either. Hmmm.

Back