Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

For what it's worth I was told by a salesperson there that the % of investors vs. owner occupied units is pretty low.

For what it's worth I was told by a salesperson there that the % of investors vs. owner occupied units is pretty low.

that's what all the sales offices say ... just to give you a sense of comfort when you buying ... so that you feel like you are buying into a building of owner-occupied units (better maintained), rather than a renter-filled building

nonetheless ... I am hopeful occupants in CASA will take good care of this bldg

I bought somewhere else but I'm really thinking hard about purchasing a place on assignment here. I'm pretty impressed with this project.

July 24-09

It appears that the forms are coming down from "the hat". If so, it appears that it won't be as wide as illustrated in the renderings

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

The glass installation seems to have stalled on the 40th floor for several weeks now.

.....And how would the sales office know how many buyers intend on renting out their units later?

I managed to grab this during a brief moment of sunshine today:

3753000737_797863f20b_b.jpg

It appears that the forms are coming down from "the hat". If so, it appears that it won't be as wide as illustrated in the renderings

When the scaffolding is removed, more of the "hat's" ceiling will be visible, making it appear a bit wider. Overall, I'm really happy with the way this building is looking. The lobby will be spectacular, the black brick, wrap-around glass balconies, and eventually, the "hat" will truly make this a landmark building. Pretty close to the renderings, if you ask me.:)

Casa By Night

My cam. isn't the greatest for night shots but I tried

Does anyone know when the occupancy will be starting in this building??

I'm on a low floor and they gave me the date of December 1. Who knows if it will be on time...but I would think some could move in mid-late November as there are a bunch of floors below mine.

Realistic? I don't know but it sounds like it to me. That's 4 months. I would expect that realistically all the glass could be in and the crane could come out about a month from now. Different crews can work on the inside to complete the suite finishes. I know awhile back they were over the 20th floor in that regard so that part seems realistic to me. They seem to be starting the lobby now. So 4 months to get the lobby done and amenities seems realistic to me as well. Fingers crossed.

The only thing that I think will happen is that unless they start working on it a month from now when the crane is removed, is the areas on the outside of the building may have to wait until next spring. But I guess if they no longer need concrete and have the lobby frame in place in September they could already start to clean up the exterior street and make it polished.

Maybe a lounge or something like that. Lots of buildings have little sitting areas off the lobby where residents can hang out or visitors can wait.

Maybe a lounge or something like that. Lots of buildings have little sitting areas off the lobby where residents can hang out or visitors can wait.

It's a lounge...although I kind of was expecting it to have an opening that lead to the elevators on floor 2. I guess it just gives a nice vantage point to have a seating area looking at at Charles from a slight elevation. Not that this is a building that attracts older residents...but I'm surprised that it will only be accessible by staircase.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Back