Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

I don't think the supporting columns will be that wide, only the footings for the support columns. There sure is a lot of water down there. This morning they were spewing big chunks of gravel down below to be used as filler but somehow the flow got out of control and there was gravel landing everywhere. Don't know why they didn't just put it into the big bucket and lower it by crane.

Just did another check at lunch and the rebar(s?) are in place in the pits at the south end and one can clearly see the width of the support columns. The gravel crisis seems to have been cleaned up and tempers and hand gestures are under control.

Casa Condominium Progress Oct 13, 2007

Yeah baby!

Talk about timing!

Look what was going on this morning just as I showed up...

DSCN1109.jpg

DSCN1116.jpg

DSCN1118.jpg

DSCN1121.jpg

DSCN1125.jpg
DSCN1126.jpg

DSCN1127.jpg

DSCN1132.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg
DSCN1140.jpg

DSCN1142.jpg
DSCN1147.jpg

DSCN1138.jpg

^The guy who operates this big digger (what's the proper name for it?) brought his family to show off. His kids were totally impressed and the father was so proud explaining why daddy's machine was being lifted out. Such a nice moment.

That's cool to know how they get large machinery out of the pits, it's kind of what I assumed but it's good to know for sure.

Nice to see people who take some pride in their jobs too.

What were the other options milling about in your brain? The assitance of a very large trampoline? JATO?

You do not want to know what kinds of ideas I get inside my head :D

Yes, images that appeal to the construction geek in all of us. That otherwise large piece of equipment looks so helpless when tethered to that cable.

Cute family scene.

Casa Condominium Progress Oct 20, 2007

DSCN1193.jpg

^Looking north. You can see the elevator shaft in the centre which will be in the centre of the building. The rebar here would indicate the footprint of the western half of the building on the base. This portion and the eastern half up until the crane will rise 46 floors. The rest surrounding this will rise 5 floors.

DSCN1196.jpg

DSCN1197.jpg

DSCN1200.jpg

I think we passed each other again this afternoon casaguy

Casa Condominium Progress Oct 25, 2007

Happened by this morning... couldn't help but peek in.

They all looked very busy building my new home...

DSCN1218.jpg

DSCN1216.jpg

DSCN1214.jpg

^What are these? They look like giant stick pins with those coloured balls on the end. They look too thin to be rebar...

DSCN1213.jpg

DSCN1212.jpg

DSCN1211.jpg

casapanoct25.jpg

^Playing with my "panoramic" feature on the camera. This view is looking north.

Back