DSCN1344.jpg

DSCN1350.jpg

DSCN1351.jpg

DSCN1352.jpg

DSCN1353.jpg

DSCN1355.jpg

DSCN1356.jpg

DSCN1358.jpg

^Oh so tempting to sneak in and walk down into the pit...

/\ Just go at night...shouldn't be too much of a problem if you only take a quick peak. Even if you linger awhile, I don't think anyone would even see you down there...I guess it depends on how determined you are - definitely doable though!

Casa Condominium Progress Nov 16, 2007

DSCN1380.jpg

They're beginning the floor of P3... Interesting they're doing this before even finishing the concrete floor of P4.

DSCN1385.jpg

DSCN1384.jpg

^North East corner

DSCN1383.jpg

^North West corner

DSCN1387.jpg

DSCN1386.jpg

DSCN1382.jpg

DSCN1381.jpg

Thanks for the frequent updates casaguy. It's really neat to see this building go up step-by-step.

Thanks for the pictures casa!

Can someone comment on the investment opportunity with this condo? I'm looking to possibly rent or sell shortly after closing. I've heard many commenting on the surrounding buildings and the builders past history. The condo I have an opportunity on is east facing on the 11th floor, just barely towing over the adjacent "V" shapped condo.

How will 1-bloor affect this condo?

Your view will soon be completely blocked by a new 33 storey tower going up in place of that grey blocky building... I would imagine that would affect your resale.

I can only hope 1 Bloor and the other pricey developments nearby will only help the value of Casa. (Especially if Casa turns out as gorgeous as the renders).

Your view will soon be completely blocked by a new 33 storey tower going up in place of that grey blocky building... I would imagine that would affect your resale.

I can only hope 1 Bloor and the other pricey developments nearby will only help the value of Casa. (Especially if Casa turns out as gorgeous as the renders).

2CasaAug17.jpg

based on the picture which condo are you referring to?

We don't know what the condo will be yet... but that grey building in that picture is coming down and a 33 storey condo tower is supposed to be built in its place... we don't know exactly when though.

We don't know what the condo will be yet... but that grey building in that picture is coming down and a 33 storey condo tower is supposed to be built in its place... we don't know exactly when though.

Thanks for your replies Casaguy.

I have until Friday to weigh the pros and cons and decide whether or not I should wait for Aura or withdraw my deposit.

I think you should keep the unit.. I just baught a unit at CASA after Cresford cancelled my original purchase at MODE. I am glad I did, especially after hearing all the hype at 1BE. My unit also faces East on a lower floor, I don't think lack of view will impact the resale value too much as this project is still significantly lower than everything else in the area.. I still have faith in Cresford.. I have been to many units at QUAD Lofts, even with all the issues many owners had with Cresford, they all turned out beautifully at the end.. Just be prepared to fight with them to get your unit up to snuff!

Casa Condominium Progress Nov 24, 2007

DSCN1415_2.jpg

DSCN1416_2.jpg

DSCN1418_2.jpg

DSCN1425_2.jpg

DSCN1427_2.jpg

DSCN1428_2.jpg

^You can really see in this last pic how P3 is sloping down around the elevator shaft into P4.

^That's one reason I'd never buy a condo with underground parking: too much pain in arse to park my car. Then you gotta wait for an elevator to the 100th floor..... Ugh.

I'm impatient and just wanna get into my pad asap! Thus, park in my suburban garage and into my house with big private back yard:)

Did you know parking garages are extremely dangerous places to be when a building is under construction? I'll tell you why in the next episode.

^That's one reason I'd never buy a condo with underground parking: too much pain in arse to park my car. Then you gotta wait for an elevator to the 100th floor..... Ugh.

I'm impatient and just wanna get into my pad asap! Thus, park in my suburban garage and into my house with big private back yard:)

Did you know parking garages are extremely dangerous places to be when a building is under construction? I'll tell you why in the next episode.

It just takes a little practice to park your car in an underground garage. Alas, many suburban drivers can't even parallel park. Some need a space the size of a suburban back yard for the task.

As for the elevator ride, your concern only applies if there are 100 floors. You need not be worried about such a ride as of the present moment.

And as for parking garages being dangerous places when under construction, you should never try to park in one when they are being built. That alone might explain why it is dangerous.

Back