Toronto Bloor Street Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Bloor-Yorkville BIA | architectsAlliance

I was talking to someone and they confirm that there is no waterline for these trees and planters and should have been from day one.

Who said this drum? Someone working on the project? Before the soil went in I saw electrical and white tubes of a considerable width which I presumed were something to do with water. Also, the Bloor-Yorkville BIA website boasted that the planters were auto-irrigated.

Who said this drum? Someone working on the project? Before the soil went in I saw electrical and white tubes of a considerable width which I presumed were something to do with water. Also, the Bloor-Yorkville BIA website boasted that the planters were auto-irrigated.

It was always my understanding that there would be irrigation in the planters as well. i'll see if I can dig something up.

I checked it all out yesterday. I guess there will be no trees on the South side of Bloor, from Yonge to Bay? There are a few existing trees... I don't know the type... but they're used all over Toronto, and are pretty dinky looking.

Trees are looking great so far.

I can't imagine they'd go to all this expense without ensuring the trees recieve adequate water and nutrients.

...But if that is the case I think we need to have a name and phone number of the person responsible posted.

What happened?

Has the Bloor project stopped at Yonge? The sidewalks and road east of Yonge are a shabby mess (which I guess is normal for Toronto) and there's no appearance of construction there.

That stretch of the renovation is taking a breather for the holiday shopping season and is scheduled to resume in the spring, or so I believe.

I checked it all out yesterday. I guess there will be no trees on the South side of Bloor, from Yonge to Bay? There are a few existing trees... I don't know the type... but they're used all over Toronto, and are pretty dinky looking.

Those are existing trees, that area isn't done yet as infrastructure improvements/upgrades are still being completed along there. We won't see new trees and planters between Yonge & Bay (except in front of 1 and 2 Bloor W.) until spring/summer/fall 2010.

Has the Bloor project stopped at Yonge? The sidewalks and road east of Yonge are a shabby mess (which I guess is normal for Toronto) and there's no appearance of construction there.

You mean west of Yonge right? It's a work in progress. This info. is all on the previous pages.

yeah....should have great impact...especially along the grey wall of Hudson Bay...looking forward checking it out in person....

Back