Toronto Bisha Hotel and Residences | 146.91m | 44s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Render

You guys will not like this one:

bisha.jpg

I suppose Bisha remained the same ... as a plain glass box which almost replicates an older office building (just with more glass)

You guys will not like this one:

bisha.jpg

Renders have been posted for quite some time now, so I'm sure most of us have made up our mind. Is there something we're missing? It looks more squat here, but I think that's because this image has been resized without maintaining the proportions.

Dont mind the building per se, but that rendering is HORRIBLE... do these guys now how to use perspective properly? the forced perspective thing is a bad tool in the wrong hands....

‘Luxury with edge’ is the vision for Bisha Hotel & Residence, as conceived by Sam Herzog and Mel Pearl of Lifetime Developments and Charles Khabouth of Ink Entertainment, and brought to life by Rudy Wallman of Wallman Architects and Alessandro Munge of Munge Leung.

Text by Doug Convoy, Photos and Renderings courtesy of Lifetime Developments/INK Entertainment

The flagship, 41-storey tower, with 100 hotel rooms, 332 residences, and extensive amenities, promises to inject some much needed Rock ‘n Roll and LA glam into Toronto’s emerging luxury hotel-condo scene, currently dominated by more conservative brands like Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, and the upcoming Living Shangri-La.

For Bisha, Rudy Wallman created a timeless envelope with especially strong presence at grade and at the roofline. The point of departure is the heritage façade on Blue Jays Way, enhanced and extended with the addition of ‘wings’ enclosing drop-offs and a restaurant.

BishaExteriorStreet750.jpg

Bisha’s varied programmes are unified on the exterior via vertical fins, a simple and elegant gesture spanning the full length of the building to its distinctive skyline.

BishaExteriorOverall750.jpg

Bisha’s architecture serves as a memorable yet understated backdrop to the hotel-residence's interior design, which is the true star of the Bisha brand.

07BishaModelTable.jpg

Bisha's interior design by Charles Khabouth and Alessandro Munge takes centre stage with edgy and eclectic amenity spaces in high-gloss luxe.

03BishaCorridor.jpg

04BishaEntranceSeating.jpg

The entrance area features marble floors and ebony-panelled walls with brass banding.

02BishaReception750.jpg

The bar-lounge area is filled with rich fabrics, leather, glass, and stone.

05BishaBarLounge.jpg

09BishaLoungeOA750.jpg

10BishaLounge.jpg

11BishaLoungeDetail750.jpg

06BishaBarLoungeOA750.jpg

Bisha’s comprehensive amenities include two bars, two restaurants, a 24-hour café, a 7,000 square-foot rooftop patio with infinity pool, Residents' Lounge and Business Centre, and Salon and Fitness Centre, all in a palette of sumptuous hard and soft surfaces. Such extravagance continues into the residences, as represented by the lavish model suite in the presentation centre, which is the focus of our next report on Bisha Hotel & Residence. So, stay tuned.

Very striking and very trendy at first blush.
I would find the black a little overwhelming and personally I would tire of it I think quite quickly.
I really wonder if people will look at that and say "looks dated after a few years".
Just a personal observation but I am curious what others will think. I am sure some will say things like
"leading edge" and "avant garde, what TO needs".

I really wonder if people will look at that and say "looks dated after a few years"..

These days I think that hotels expect to renovate every 5 years or so - not only to freshen up but to avoid looking too dated for too long. It may well look "too 2011" in 5 years but then will be redone to make it "cutting edge for 2016"!

I love the interiors. Very "High-End" looking. Even if it is not one's particular taste, you can't help but feel you are looking at a luxury BVLGARI watch advertisement in the pages of GQ.

Back