Toronto Axiom Condos | 74.98m | 21s | Greenpark | Kirkor Architects

9 March 2013: One reason I'll never buy a condo: I'm not paying for the "big guy's" car.

rps20130309202922.jpg

rps20130309203025.jpg

With the increased density along Adelaide & Richmond I wonder if the city still wants to go ahead with the plan to revert them to 2 way streets.
I think the City are still studying the downtown traffic suituation and Adelaide and Richmond in particular. Also, when the two-way suggestions were made they were not for the streets east of, at least, Yonge. For bettter or worse these streets are ramps to the DVP east of about Jarvis.

Posting related to real estate opportunities should be made in the appropriate subforum. Thank you.

AoD

Last edited by a moderator:
Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1N4

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 218076 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Aug 9, 2013

Project: Other Demolition

Description: Proposal to demo existing 2 sty film studio/office.

Looking forward seeing this project get started.
Bought two units on the same floor..... disappointed to read all the negativity.
I thought the model suites were great... good use of the space within the units.
Im from the 905.... Greenpark has basically built Vaughan exclusively.
Very reputable builder and Im excited to get started..... :)

I'm trying to like it. But I can't. Way too suburban looking. Greenpark owns the land just south of this project where Staples is. Hope they put forth a better looking project.

Greenpark owns the land where Staples is, on Front Street? OMG, now I'm scared! I was hoping for something impressive, right across from The First Parliament site but now you've got me worried.

Looking forward seeing this project get started.
Bought two units on the same floor..... disappointed to read all the negativity.
I thought the model suites were great... good use of the space within the units.
Im from the 905.... Greenpark has basically built Vaughan exclusively.
Very reputable builder and Im excited to get started..... :)

Im with you dmb. I bought into this building too. Great location with great potential for return. This stretch of Adelaide is quiet and this building fits well into the meshwork; forget all the negativity. I just want them to start digging already, or at least get to phase 2 selling so we can get it going.

Last edited:
Im with you dmb. I bought into this building too. Great location with great potential for return. This stretch of Adelaide is quiet and this building fits well into the meshwork; forget all the negativity. I just want them to start digging already, or at least get to phase 2 selling so we can get it going.

I think the negativity is just due to the original proposal being so much nicer than what they settled on building. I agree the area is great, I live nearby! :)

The architecture is banal, the suite layouts more of the same awkward "walk through your kitchen first" pinchedness, but the adverbs and high-gloss euphemisms are out of this world.

ax.JPG

Yes, Downtown East Comes Alive. At last. Downtown east comes alive. Yes. Erm.
Spontaneous demonstrations of joy have broken out from Corktown Common to the Distillery to Regent's Park.
This is good news to all the former residents who have occupied this land since the city was founded. Better than it coming dead, I suppose, in which case it would be an interesting horror movie.
"Bold yet elegant architecture....confident statement of purpose". Well, they can't be accused of false modesty, even if that second sentence is a bit dry. That sounds more like a boardroom draft than a place to cry into the ice cream you're gulping straight from the tub while watching The Towering Inferno after a breakup. I'm wondering what the 'confident statement of purpose' bathrooms look like?
Yes, the suites are intelligently designed. That's usually a good thing, though if they have to mention it, doesn't it make you wonder? Oh wait - does that mean God handicrafted them? Forget that.
Oh look! A 'landscaped promenade'! That'll be fun. Does it run from one irresistably scenic neighbourhood to another? No.

ax2.JPG

More fawning over the flora and the "landscaped boulevard". Can't wait to see it's usefulness for winter recreation, regarding, say, tobogganing. What!? Plaza, you say? Please, eschew the 'P' word, that 70's word! This is a boulevard. So there's no traffic on it. At least it's not a sunken moat of sophisticated amenities. No, these amenities "offer a rare, yet charming oasis along Adelaide Street".
Oases on Adelaide have apparently been rare, they have seldom been charming, but never the twain have met, until now. This will be a welcome veil of sweet relief from the specialty shops that might take some time to arrive. However the render seems to imply a boutique-boutique-boutique-bistro will take up the ground floor. Not unlike the shops of 555 Sherbourne.
This stellar amenity comes with henceforth inconceivable 'sense of place and time', unlike those other bermuda-triangle landscaped boulevards on Adelaide that make you feel like you've somehow fallen into a K-Hole.
If the vibrant scene refers to the rumbling of passing trucks, they're right on.

ax1.JPG

"Alive with light and motion"! Something not seen in human dwellings since the invention of fire. Still, this is in bold type, so it better be really lit up and really alive. I mean - really. Get those extra searchlights out of the Dundas Gardens render, because this one's going to need them to keep really lift it above 'Half-Dead with Obscurity and Desolation'.
Again, with the 'Alive' thing. Is there, like, a secret old burial ground under this thing they're anxious to conceal?

You know, I can't help but think it's been a long time since I've seen anything except the Louvre Pyramid main entrance shown off so breathlessly. It better be jewel-encrusted and inlaid with gold, because if this is the main advertising feature the building has going for it (except for, of course, that incomparable 'landscaped boulevard') we're a long way from condo heaven.

Attachments

• ax.JPG
    ax.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 821
  • ax1.JPG
    ax1.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 777
  • ax2.JPG
    ax2.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 726
Last edited:

Back