Toronto Axiom Condos | 74.98m | 21s | Greenpark | Kirkor Architects

The area deserves better.

Glancing at the drawings, my first reaction would be...yawn.
Now the more I stare at it and the details that show..
The courtyard off the corner, the number of shops/ restaurants, that will be offered at street level, the height of the bricked podium that will fit with the existing context of the surrounding neighborhood, the overall height which again will fit in its surroundings, gives me pause for reflection.
1 St. Thomas, or the LTower is not what the builder is going for here. That is obvious. What we we will have when all is said and done, will be an urban residential building that blurs into the context of its surroundings.
If the the price point reflects what it it is well then, is that so bad?
Looking at this project through that that lens, it would appear this project might actually be a a couple of rungs up the ladder for Greenpark.

Glancing at the drawings, my first reaction would be...yawn.
Now the more I stare at it and the details that show..
The courtyard off the corner, the number of shops/ restaurants, that will be offered at street level, the height of the bricked podium that will fit with the existing context of the surrounding neighborhood, the overall height which again will fit in its surroundings, gives me pause for reflection.
1 St. Thomas, or the LTower is not what the builder is going for here. That is obvious. What we we will have when all is said and done, will be an urban residential building that blurs into the context of its surroundings.
If the the price point reflects what it it is well then, is that so bad?
Looking at this project through that that lens, it would appear this project might actually be a a couple of rungs up the ladder for Greenpark.

I'm strictly speaking from an aesthetics point of view. The design of the building seems like what you'd see in the suburbs over a decade ago.

The podium facade is flat and boring- that's my biggest beef.

Even some glass canopies over the stores would have helped immensely.

It looks pretty inoffensive to me. The base reminds me a lot of 1 Bedford, a KPMB project that received a lot of praise.

Scale model courtesy of Urbanation - http://twitter.com/urbanation

Axiom.jpg

http://twitpic.com/bbhnjk

Short of going out to the site...is this project being built immediately beside Ivory on Adelaide (that's to the west) or is there going to be a remaining building in between the two different developments? I couldn't tell (sorry if this is a dumb question... I tried to read the previous posts and couldn't tell the answer. Maybe I'm blind haha). Thank you!

P.S. I just got an email inviting me to a PRE-VIP event this week. I kinda thought that was funny with the "PRE". Apparently you don't need a real estate agent.
"Because we are offering first access well before VIP agents and the general public, the sales centre is not yet completed."

Maybe one day they will have PRE-PRE-VIP sales events...and you can get in before ANYONE...even the developer's own mother.

It's hard to launch a project in November...but it seems interesting. Ivory on Adelaide grew on me, so this may too :D

Last edited:
Feb 25

IMG_4887.jpg

There is a lot to like about this project, including rather extensive amenities and several rooftop areas to enjoy. I really like that the main car entrance is at the back of the building in a lane way...although it may be a little tricky for guests to figure out how to get there with all the one way streets...I can see people driving around in circles.

It's great that more and more people are going to be living here and that it won't be such a dead zone at night.

Attachments

• IMG_4887.jpg
    IMG_4887.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 760
Short of going out to the site...is this project being built immediately beside Ivory on Adelaide (that's to the west) or is there going to be a remaining building in between the two different developments? I couldn't tell (sorry if this is a dumb question... I tried to read the previous posts and couldn't tell the answer. Maybe I'm blind haha). Thank you!

There are no dumb questions. The Deluxe film processing building is coming down, and this building will go up there and in the parking lot where the sales centre has been a-building since the end of the summer. So no, there will be nothing between this one and the Ivory apartments.

Thank you AndreaPalladio! With the Ivory and Axiom and 25 Ontario St projects...this little area is going to look drastically different in 5 years.

And don't forget the Great Gulf project on Adelaide between Parliament and Power, although that is a few years off...

Gotta admit, I'd rather keep them 1 way, with maybe eliminating a lane is some places to make wider sidewalks in the tight spots.

Back