Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

This afternoon, lookin like winter:

iWoa7SF.jpg

Does anybody know how many floors occupy the top section of the building, the part after the second set back? Or have any idea what floor Aura is on now, so I can figure out how many floors are left. I tried looking back in the forums but I couldn't find a number.

Does anybody know how many floors occupy the top section of the building, the part after the second set back? Or have any idea what floor Aura is on now, so I can figure out how many floors are left. I tried looking back in the forums but I couldn't find a number.

There are 21 floors on the top section of the building (floors 59-79), which will be a separate registered condo corp. They are currently working on the 71st floor, so 8 more to go plus the mechanical.

Shot from Yonge and Bloor Sept 17, 2013.

IMG_6210.JPG

So is this going to be Canada's highest condo tower? Is it Canada's highest tower period, or is that STILL First Canadian Place? Will anything ever top First Canadian Place? Will Aura be higher than the Four Seasons Hotel?

So is this going to be Canada's highest condo tower? Is it Canada's highest tower period, or is that STILL First Canadian Place? Will anything ever top First Canadian Place? Will Aura be higher than the Four Seasons Hotel?

Yes. No, yes. Probably. Yes.

Canada's tallest purely residential tower.
FCP is still Canada's tallest tower.
The Oxford Towers will surpass FCP if constructed
Aura is supposed to be 273m - Four Seasons is only 204m

Funny that a building built in 1975 still hasn't been beaten for height. Are we afraid to build past 72 stories / 300 meters here in Toronto?

When completed FCP was the 6th tallest in the world. It was also the tallest building outside of New York and Chicago. How the times have changed.....

I gotta say, the larger the curved, curtain-walled portion gets, the better this thing looks, both in terms of materials and proportions.

Back