Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I recall having contacted Canada Post before about the commencement of mail delivery in a new building. I was informed by one of the staff that Canada Post must ensure that the building is safe enough for their employees to enter and distribute the mail, prior to any mail service beginning. To which I said, "Umm... there's already a tonne of people living in the building...". No response followed.
One of may reasons why Canada Post is driving themselves out of business.

But seriously, it is very normal for new condos. I've had this happen in two different locations I've lived.

It's not just the safety of the postal workers, but the security of the mail itself. A lot of buildings that are still under construction in their common areas may expose the secure mail area to too many unauthorized parties. Keys need to be provided to verified tenants, etc... Postal theft or fraud is a pretty serious thing.

Goddamnit! The webcam is down again. It has been stuck on the same image for two days. After this and the last lengthy outage, any hopes of a continuous time lapse of this project are long gone. With all the construction in this city I have been holding out hope for at least one high angle time lapse of a project from start to finish......

Yeah, the further it escapes the sandwich stacks of uneven balconies on the trunk of the building the prettier it becomes.

I'll bet the occupants of the College Park condo in behind are just thrilled that their eastern sunrise has been completely erased. That's some shadow.

No doubt it's a big shadow. It will fall on different spots/buildings across the course of a year. I'm guessing on the Liberties building in June and on the north RoCP tower in December.

I'll bet the occupants of the College Park condo in behind are just thrilled that their eastern sunrise has been completely erased. That's some shadow.

Some might very well be thrilled. My balcony is blinding under direct sunlight to the point I have to wait till its cast in shadow before its usable. I'd pay more for a unit with indirect sunlight and would steer away from units without some shade.

Unfortunately we lost some potential shade with the height reduction of 460 Yonge, but you can't win em all.

Last edited:
In future, consider a north facing unit, very little sun there. In the early 00's I had a place facing north, it wasn't healthy for me, I need sun. I couldn't grow plants on the balcony and I know it affected my mood. It was a good building (33 Wood St) so I went on a waiting list for a south facing 1 bedroom on a high floor (so as not to be blocked by the Days Inn (now Holiday Inn) but nothing came up after a year & a half so I had to move.

My previous place faced southwest and as much as I like the light, the heat created was just too much and the sun was bleaching stains into my furniture.

I face east now and the sunrise coming up from behind the Toronto skyline is awesome. I need the morning sun to get a bit of energy going and I suspect that many people who select east facing condos like the sunrise also. Potentially losing your view is part of city living, of course, but it would probably be a shock to the system having Aura go up and create that kind of shadow after having several years on unobstructed sunrises.

I know the location is iffy, but the eastern view from Garrison Point will be immensely desirable, considering it will likely remain unobstructed forever.

Broadview was utterly dead on an early Saturday morning--14 Sept 2013:
x4dn.jpg

(Rooster Coffee was open but it was filled with old ppl. The Danforth too was utterly deserted at 7am--weird.)

Last edited:

Back